It worked!!!!!

Old 01-08-2005, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It worked!!!!!

First of all, I want to thank all of you for keeping me in your prayers and praying for the weather to cooperate. We had a terrible ice storm here on Wednesday night, trees and power lines down all over the place. A huge limb just missed my car by inches. Shattered ice and branches all over it. When I went outside to investigate the damage, trees and limbs were down all over the place. I could hear the snapping and splintering of tree limbs all around me. It was very scary. Needless to say, with the power out, and all the trees down around the area, my hopes for moving the next day were somewhat banished.

I spent the day, packing, hoping, and praying that the weather would give me a break on Friday. Still without power on Friday morning, I continued packing, and became very disappointed as my moving crew was dwindling fast. The weather was holding out, but people were having there own crisis situations. With another ice storm coming on Saturday, my hopes for getting moved out were looking pretty dismal. Thanks to God, and all your prayers, all my family and friends started showing up. They wanted me out of this situation so bad that they put their own problems aside. With the help of 2 trucks, a van, and a horse trailer we had everything moved out, hauled almost 18 miles, and moved in within a matter of hours. It was truly a miracle!

As I lay in bed last night with my little puppy, I was filled with an incredible amount of peace and gratitude. The last time that I felt this much joy was when the doctor put my little baby girl in my arms. Thank you again for all your prayers and words of support.

My cell phone rang at 11:00, and my ex-alcoholic left me a message, saying,
"It's almost 11:00, I guess this means your not coming home tonight." I feel sad for him because he has lost his mother and now me. All he has left now are his drinking buddies.

And finally, YES, JT! I also feel that this cancer has been a blessing for me. God has been giving me little nudges for quite awhile, but I did feel this kick in the butt from God, and it feels good!

I will keep in touch everyone. Time to start fixing up my little home.
Thank you again for your powerful prayers.

Love always,
Grace
Old 01-08-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
shammy

Oh Grace:
I have tears in my eyes while reading this. Tears of joys. I'm so happy for you that things worked out. Bless your friends and family for being there for you. You are so fortunate to have these people in your life.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

((((((((((((((shammy))))))))))))))

Old 01-08-2005, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grace,

I'm so happy for you and your attitude is great!

Stay strong and don't fall for his manipulations.

Good luck to you!

Ngaire
Old 01-08-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

I am soooooo very happy for you. Sending HUGE hugs

Michelle
Old 01-08-2005, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grace

That is fantastic!! I am so pleased for you.

Glad you're feeling so good.

Take care and let us know how you're getting on.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-08-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grace I am so happy to hear you made it!!!! I like reading success stories! Stay strong and live for YOU!!!! Oh, and maybe, change your phone number?????

Blessings,
MysticCat
Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Grace - I'm so glad everything worked out. Don't overwork yourself, and hug that puppy for me.

B
Old 01-08-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grace - that is wonderful!!! You brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad everything worked out for you. This is the start of your new life. Enjoy it!!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Originally Posted by Grace
As I lay in bed last night with my little puppy, I was filled with an incredible amount of peace and gratitude. The last time that I felt this much joy was when the doctor put my little baby girl in my arms. Thank you again for all your prayers and words of support.
Grace, I am SOOOOOO HAPPY to hear that your true friends came through to help with the move in the middle of an ice storm, and that you are able to experience this peace and gratitude!!!!!

I cried with joy reading your post.

Take care of yourself, and keep us posted on your health!

Prayers going up for you!!!1
Old 01-08-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Grace-I'm trying to type with my two finger hunt and peck with tears in my eyes--
I'm so happy for you. Your family and friends were so great to help you. I'm sure that your health will improve rapidly with your new healthy enviroment. Hooray for you.
Love and smiles--Dee
Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Grace -

Yeah!!!!!! It doesn't matter the size of your home, it is the sense of peace that you have within those walls. I'm hoping you enjoy it as much as I have. Take care, Grace.

Hugs, Jo
Old 01-09-2005, 03:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone! Still have a lot of unpacking to do. Can't sleep long....too happy and too many things to do. My mind is racing. My family gave me a sofa, recliner, and a TV. They are being so incredibly helpful and generous. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Just wanted to touch base. TIme to get busy!

God Bless All of You. I know that he has certainly blessed me!
Grace
Old 01-09-2005, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good luck, Grace, on your new start in life. Live well and live happy!!!

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((grace))) the power of prayer really does work you you proved it!