Can anyone help

Old 01-02-2005, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can anyone help

I am having doubts. I was all ready to quite one of my jobs because I have two jobs and I am a senior and all I have been doing my senior year is working. I do not want to work anymore but know I need one of the jobs but i really do not need both but my mom thinks I do. I can't do it anymore. I am so busy trying to apply for scholarships and keep my grades up and go to Al-Anon meeting and be super women and I can't do it anymore but my mom will not let my quite my job. My mom does not understand what kind of stress I am under can any one help me tell my mom that I can't do this any more
Love,
Shana
Old 01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Shana

Is your mother helping pay your way through school? I'm just trying to figure out why what she thinks is so important to you.

My suggestion would be to talk to her about this and just be honest. If you feel overloaded, you probably are, and lightening the load makes sense to me.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ann I have to have a job so I can pay for gas and car insurance. and so I can save some money for college when I start in the fall. My mom says it is gas money and I say it isnt i have enough from my other job. I know i am overload and i just what to have a life and i am afraid if I quite my one job my mom will not talk to me for weeks she has done it before. I don't see how my mom and dad can help me pay for college in the fall when they can barely pay their bills and i know that my mom does not want me go to college but i am going so I will be probably paying my own way through college.
Thanks,
Shana
Old 01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shana - I have issues with my mom too. I'm 31 and still deal with it.

Is it possible you could keep both jobs, just cut back your hours?

As far as college, there are many different types of aids that can help you through. Just watch out for those credit cards....lol