Hanging On To This Board...Ain't Letting Go

Old 07-17-2002, 04:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks everyone, you are such wonderful support. And Pauline you KNOW you are welcome here. LOL

Well, I stopped by his place on my way home from work, and another man from the house called him (telephone?) to tell him I was there. He told him to tell me he would call after he got home from work. Work? I doubt that he will, but it doesn't matter. I know he is alive and that is all I really needed to know. I really do feel much better now and can let go of the rest. Thank you again for being here for me.

JT - I had a thought. We ARE just like those yuppie Mothers Club socialites...think about it.

I have a garden with every single flower type in it names after you people. My "Recovery Garden" is blooming wonderfully and you have all walked around it mentally whenever I post about it.

Art Auctions? Why my son has "auctioned" more of my art than Sotheby's could dream of. Only the finest at his auctions. As well as art there have been rare Doulton figurines, some pretty fine jewellery ...okay and one half-working VCR.

And doctors? Well they may be married to them, but WHO do you think PAYS those doctors...US. My poor doctor is getting a second education just treating me alone. She will soon have her "doctorate" in crazy codependent neurotics who are also menopausal and mean.:bojo: :camper:

Yes ladies...I think we are the true "classy broads" and I'd buy "stock" in us anyday!!

Well, big ((((((everyone)))). Love you all for being so terrific.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Anns, you are such an encourager to everyone. Even physicians get sick sometimes. You have every right to "feel" like a discouraged mom. I really appreciate the moms on this board. Only a mom could know. When my husband talked about how his mother grieved when her youngest child died in a motorcycle accident, I told him that's how I feel watching my son slowing killing himself. Kind of opened his eyes a little.

I wonder how it would be to put all addict children on an island far away with no contact to moms, no drugs, and just roughing it for about five years. Sounds like paradise for all moms. I would ship my son off in a heartbeat.

About the jail thing - when my son was in prison for 3 l/2 years, after the adjustment was made, I found the only peace I've really had in many years. I used to feel guilty about that. NO MORE!

I know you are a strong person, Anns. We love, admire, and respect you. Just know I care very much! Blessings to you and your son. Washbe