a hurting wife

Old 12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a hurting wife

hey everyone. I am new here. My husband uses weed. He says hes used crank. I haven't researched it all yet it hurts to even know that. Hes changed alot the past few months. Has even gotten a violent streak. I am not sure what the cause for that is yet. Moneys come up missing and hes lied about it. first it was the strip club then some girl he use to date. then said he bought crank. well few weeks later more money came up missing said he gave some to a friend so his car wouldn't be taken away. the freinds car was taken away and now we have overdue bills and my son does not have insurance. thats another story. He has a rare diease called neruofibromatis. he was born with it. sounds bad but right now he doesn't have a severe case. I am at my wits end on what to do.

Nicole
Old 12-22-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome,
You will find much information here, I highly suggest you check out the power posts at the top of the friends and family forum and nar-anon. They are very educational and helpful. Make yourself at home here, read around, get to know people and keep coming back.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Nicole..welcome here! I'm sorry for your situation. You will find lots of good information here and lots of caring people to provide support, advise, encouragement...whatever you could use. I would do alot of research and see what you can find out...you are going to have to start making decisions and changes - for yourself. At least that's what I found out when I first started seeking help. You've got to start putting you and your son first...it's a new way of thinking, for some of us (me - other than the children), but it is enlightening. You will be surprised at the inner strength and courage you posess... My prayers for you and your son!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Nicole,

I am an alcoholic stuggling towards sobriety, so I doubt I am much for offering any advice to you. I WILL keep you and your family in my prayers, though.

I have a 6 year old daughter who also has NF. She has NF1 and was dx at 5 months old. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Joan