Til we meet again

Old 12-23-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
believer

((((((Magic))))))

We have walked so many of the same steps along this journey and your words and wisdom, all which come from your strong foundation in al-anon, have helped me so much. I cannot express to you how much you've meant to me and how my heart aches to see you go. You are one of the few that made me feel it was ok to stay with and love my addict and I will always treasure you for that. I know you have to do what is best for you but please know that you will be missed terribly.

Love, hugs, and prayers,
JG
Old 12-23-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Magic, your points have all ready initiated several posts to try to address the problems you identified. Even in choosing a new journey, you lifted this site to a higher ground.
Bless you in your path.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I was just going to say what liveweyerd said! You are so well respected on here - there have been numerous sites spun from the announcement you may leave!! That in and of itself, just lets you know how you are cherished. I say that, not in an attempt to make you stay, but to let you know what a treasure you are!! Bless you Magic!
Old 12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dearest Magic....
I do not post often, but always read your posts.
You will very much be missed.
Love, Hugs and Best Wishes Always and am hopeing you will return.
Clancy46 Thelma
Old 12-24-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((((Magic)))) I just caught this post as I am not around here as much these days. I hope that you stay connected at least once in a while here. you have given so much of yourself and you have taught alot of us things we probably didn't even know we needed to learn! you have such a beautiful spirit Magic. I think it is very courageous of you to go after what YOU need. It shows how far into recovery you truly are. I am putting positive thoughts and Meditations on you and hoping you will check in from time to time. You have always been around here with such wonderful wisdom, support, and love. I deeply appreciate that you have been willing to give of yourself so much. thank you Magic. love-alice
Old 12-25-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I just wanted to join in on this thread too. Magic you have always been inspirational to many of us. It seems as though you were further along in your recovery than many of us here. I guess it is selfish of us.....but I think that most of us looked as you as the teacher and we were the students. We probably didn't give you back the words of inspiration you needed to keep yourself healthy.

I wish you the very best. I don't post here all the time, but I always stop in to read. This site and your words have helped me and many others. I hope you find the peace that you are searching for.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Dear Magic (and everyone else), I've been out of the loop for a couple of months, so I'm not sure what lead up to your decision. I join everyone here in saying how much you will be missed. I think we each have something to offer one another -- even though we are all in different stages of our recovery -- ESPECIALLY since we are all in different stages of our recovery. We rely on each other to light the way of a sometimes darkened path.

Now, I have a confession to make. This will probably be the most unpopular post to ever hit this forum. I am an Al-anon drop out. There. I said it. I'm outed. The wonderful program that works for thousands did not work for me (after about 8 months of dedicated attendance at several different meeting locations). The reasons that have you leaving this forum are the very same reasons that keep me coming back.

These are strictly MY personal feelings and experiences at Al-anon meetings in MY town... I found Al-anon to be clickish. There is no "in" group on this forum. There is total annonimity(?) here -- not so at the face-to-face meetings. Most of all, what I desperately needed (and NEVER got) WAS the feedback, WAS the advice, and sometimes even the criticism. I don't know how meetings are conducted at other locations in the world, but in MY town, it was simply not allowed or accepted to discuss any personal problems one might be having with their A. In our meetings, we were only allowed to talk about ourselves -- not about the A. I felt confused about the disease, confused about which way I was going and very alone. Since I was never allowed to openly talk about my problems, I felt as if I was still having to "keep the secret." I like that we are allowed to "vent" on this forum. When I read some of these posts, I learn how to handle my own situation and feelings. My short-lived membership in this forum has done more for my recovery than 8 months of Al-anon meetings ever did.

I want to make it very clear that these are my own feelings. This is the first time I have ever shared them with anyone here. I would never try to talk anyone out of attending Al-anon. This wonderful organization has helped so many people. It just didn't help me. It wasn't what I needed. I sincerely hope that my personal experiences and feelings do not, in any way, offend anyone here. If I have, I apologize.

I think you have a lot to offer the rest of us. You can only spread your optimism and the message of Al-anon if you stay. I have found strength in your incredible insight. I hope you change your mind and decide to stay so that you can continue to push your message of hope. I also hope I don't get shunned by everyone on the board for being a renegade Al-anon drop out.