I'm not surprised

Old 12-21-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jessica--kudos to you for being so strong over these past few days.

as for support...in WA the non-custodial parent MUST pay and if they do not (for whatever reason) the Child Support Enforcement gets involved and they take every measure to collect. single parents who get assistance also get child support paid by the state in some cases and then the state goes after the other parent. my H's ex wife got so far behind her home was repossesed and her license suspended and eventually a warrant for her arrest...all b/c she was hiding income and claimed she couldn't pay it.

there is not a lot of tolerance for dead beat parents these days. I think you should call a family law lawyer and see what options you have.

there is no excuse for not helping support children.

((hugs))
Old 12-21-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm really starting to feel less and less guilty about the idea of filing for child support. He can get what he wants, although its very irresponsibile, why can't I get what I want. I work hard for my money, I shouldn't have to spend it all on OUR children. Does that sound selfish? I shouldn't have to ask him for money so I can buy a purse. And I'm not going to ask for money for me anymore b/c that sends the wrong message. I'm only going to ask for money when its for the kids and I don't have it.