Forgiveness

Old 12-20-2004, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgiveness

The other day when I was doing my Christmas cards, I got a strong desire to send cards to a few people who have hurt me terribly over the past few years. These people are alcoholics and I understand now, more than ever, that hurting people hurt people. I felt an incredible weight lift off of me just by putting those cards in the mail. I have truly realized that the grudges I hold against others and the anger that I have inside is ONLY HURTING ME.

This couldn't have happened at a better time. The true spirit of Christmas is in me now.

I don't have a Christmas tree or any decorations, but I do have an incredible sense of peace in my heart.

I am going in for surgery to remove the breast tissue and lymph nodes that are cancerous on December 27th. I know that I can do this with a softer heart and a gentler spirit. I feel that God has truly blessed me.

Merry Christmas to all my SR friends!
I love you!
Grace
Old 12-20-2004, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Grace, what a beautiful message you send.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers on the 27th.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 12-20-2004, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
shammy

Grace:
What a powerful post and wonderful reminder.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
(((((hugs))))
shammy

Old 12-20-2004, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ugh!

Wow Gracie, thanks for that message about forgiveness. I can tell through you that forgiving really does help us sometimes (or always?) more so than the recipient. I will pray for you on the 27th as well. What a gift to have peace in your heart.

Hugs & Lotsa Love,
~Faithchaser
Old 12-20-2004, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharring .Powerful message.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My prayers are with you.
God Bless,
Old 12-20-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Grace - My heart and my prayers will be with you on the 27th and through this holiday season. You have a stregnth that is shining a light for all of us. God Bless You.

Ms. B
Old 12-20-2004, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grace,

Please, keep us posted and I'll be praying for you!!!!!

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Ngaire
Old 12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will be praying for you, good luck.

Very powerful post.

Coldgrip
Old 12-20-2004, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Grace))) - Thanks so much.. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Christine
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Dearest Grace,

Your strength and growth shows. It's something we all want to be able to experience. Especially the forgiveness part. It's so hard for me to forgive certain people who have hurt me in the past. I know I need to get rid of this so I can grow. I pray your inspirational post will enable me to open my heart to forgive and in turn to ask for forgiveness.

Prayers and love are being sent to you now and throughout your upcoming surgery.

Grace and Blessings, Kathy
Old 12-20-2004, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you, too!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Grace, what an inspirational post. That is part of what this season should be about. Celebrating the relationships the God has blessed us with. Forgiveness, letting go of resentments... Isn't that what our lives on this earth are about... our relationships? WOW! thank you for this post.

Grace, i will be praying for you on the 27th. Please keep us informed of your progress.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((Grace)))) - how wonderful you have found grace and forgiveness, but most of all peace! God bless you and I pray for you in your surgery. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful message!
Old 12-21-2004, 12:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

god be with you,

i admire your compassion. i personally dont feel forgiveness is essential for my peace of mind. a big thing i've learnt is tht it's ok to both love and hate someone at the same time. when i realised this, the hatred subsided and was carried away by god and replaced by pity that the people who hurt me, namely my father, hadnt the capacity to understand, to care, unable to love.

i was annoyed greatly when people smiled at me feelingpity , telling me the love and forgiveness would follow. I had to define what forgiveness meant to me before I could go around telling everyone how it was all behind me.

Forgiveness doesn't mean 'what you did is ok to me' or that my anger is unjustified. it simply means "im no longer willing to carry this pain around as a response to your actions", after all, when i hold such hurt inside, im the one thats aching and despairing away into madness and bitter misery.
I choose life, I choose bigness, self-respect, joyitude and to glow despite sometimes the fears that serenity brings. I say I have forgiven my father, I don't love him, I pity him, I don't hate him, I can never trust him. I leave him to God because noone else can help him now. He's not a part of my present or future life, just my past where he belongs, and for me, feeling that. That's forgiveness.
peace out
toby