Core group responds to each other

Old 11-12-2022, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Core group responds to each other

wow, im a little stunned here that nonone posted on my post but for everyones. I feel like you only respond to certain kinds of group posters.... Im obviously not a core group bunches here. Then you can limit my access... thats how it happens one of the earlier posters said. This group only likes certain topics and posters.... Wow wow wow now are you gonna limit my access...for saying your truth....
Old 11-12-2022, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This post appears to be insulting folks for not responding to your request for info about their childhoods. People generally post their own concerns and folks respond to that person’s comments, sometimes with anecdotes but always by disclosing only whatever they feel comfortable sharing. Your request read as pretty demanding of specific information. Consider taking a lack of response as folks not being comfortable sharing what you were asking them .
Old 11-12-2022, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enkhecho, many of us have shared our stories multiple times on this forum and may not be inclined to type it all out again. If you are interested in others' backgrounds, you can click on their username and select "Find More Posts by ________". Personally, I am more inclined to spend my time and energy posting in response to others in crisis.

Additionally, traffic tends to be lighter on the weeknds here.

Your comment about limiting your access makes no sense to me. If you are having trouble with any particular poster, you can always use the ignore function, but only violation of the forum rules ever causes anyone's access to be limited (personally I've been here ten years and never seen more than a warning, though). I'm sorry if the forum is not supporting you the way you wish.
Old 11-12-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been a member of this forum for many years now, and have always found the folks to be responsive and supportive.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I can assure you, Enkhecho, that your access will not be limited for 'speaking your truth'.

I have posted on your other thread. And while I can't speak for everyone here, I reply to threads when I feel I can contribute something from my own experience that I am willing to talk about. I don't often have something relevant to share with a member. For example, I have never been married to an alcoholic, so I have no experience to offer someone else.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sage

I've been thinking about your posts. I can't claim to be any part of any core group; my words tend to be very different and far from the concensus. Sometimes I'm unable to place my words in a way that doesn't offend others; sometimes I'm just really far outside mainstream (my children call me "hippy dippy").

I have noticed at times when I post something that is more of a discussion topic, there are fewer takers, and in my opinion it seems that this forum works more like a recovery support for those feeling crisis. I have also noticed that I personally walk a very fine line between being supportive and falling into codependent patterns. When I find myself really invested about what others have to say about my comments, I know I'm exceeding my own boundaries.

There is one very wise thing said in alanon circles that I fall back on frequently: take what you want and leave the rest
Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Enkhecho, I second what everyone else has said.

I read your post yesterday, but as SK mentioned, I have shared bits of my childhood story many times, or shared other experience I have.

I cannot write out the whole thing, I really don't want to and I wouldn't to be honest. What I will do is if someone is struggling or curious about something in particular - like they have a sensitivity to yelling, I might chime in.

Also, for choosing partners, if you had shared your experience, I might have responded, but I didn't feel I had anything to share, in general, on that topic.

There is no access restriction here.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dear all members who responded on my threads with explanations and support. I really agree with you guys. I should have considered that people here posted a lot about their life. They would not be comfortable to post again.
However, it happened frequently, one time I mentioned it but Dee74 probably admin was so angry and so unwelcoming and suspended my previous account. I was so hurt and shocked by his attitude when I just told my feeling how I was felt left behind or ignored while there are native speakers who posts, the forum passionately responds and supported, but if not native speakers like me posts hardy have responds, only person responds, when i mentioned this Dee 74 was so rude to me and deleted my post. I was shocked. If this Forum cant listen to the truth from the non native speakers or new members, and delete their feelings, what is this Forum? Only wants to hear appreciation and food things but not the "hard truth"? I expect now the Dee74 will suspend my account.
Old 11-13-2022, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation

Ok let’s do this publicly.

Enkhecho if you’re going to call me out at least be honest.

I removed some posts of yours, months ago now,, because they broke SR rules.

We all agree to the rules when we sign up. You cannot become a member here without agreeing to the rules.

rules are here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ting-tips.html

If someone here then breaks our rules, their posts will generally be removed.
That’s as true of you as it is of me, or any one else here.

I do not remove posts because of how I am feeling, or when I am ‘angry’, or because members have English as a second language or any other non rule reason.

Myself and our mod team moderate by the rules.

All the mods and admin take extra time and care to be clear when I/we know members are not native English speakers.

I did not suspend your account.
You asked for it to be closed.

You started up this account and another two besides this one, and then you were asked to choose one user name and stick to that.

No one is victimising you or treating you any different to the other members here.

You’ve been treated very fairly considering the outrageous accusations you have made in the past and are still making in this thread.

You can expect consequences if you keep posting like this tho.
This is our rule 12, one of the rules you agreed to as part of your sign up here.

12.Do not disrespect forum leaders, moderators, forum greeters, and chat chairs. Be respectful in both the forums, chat, and any private communications. These members are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
Posting like this is not fair to me, to my team - or the other members here who want help and support, not drama.

Moderated communities with rules are not for everyone.

If you don’t like it here for whatever reason, you’re free to leave.

I’m going to close this thread to give you a chance to start fresh with whatever you choose to post next.

Think carefully, ok?

Dee
Administrator
SR