just for today.....

Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just for today.....

i told my sponsor that i was confused...i asked her how do i NOT enable, NOT control, NOT shame, AND listen to myself, my own gut about trouble brewing and what to do about it (nothing is brewing right now...i was just trying to be ready for the next time.....)...confront it? if so, how? leave it alone?...give him the dignity to live his own life? blah blah blah.....my mind was all screwed up in tangles....

she said.....why are you worrrying about something that isn't happening today? might never happen? God doesn't want you to be spending your time like that....if you work your program, you will know what you need to know when you need to know it....

oh.....ok...thats pretty simple......and i can choose to listen to her...just for today......
Old 12-16-2004, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Amen. Just the reminder I needed today Insane. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you! We codies are notorious for doing that! My sister calls it "borrowing trouble". She says "quit borrowing trouble, you don't even know if that's going to happen". So, thanks for the reminder....I find that has been a difficult behavior for me to change.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really thought I was the only one that did that. In fact I think I do it everyday and when something does happen I still don't know how to deal.

Good Advice!!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As mine always says im waiting for the next bomb to drop, Ikill myself sometime worrying and always "wondering" I hate it!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Someone told me that if I have one foot in tomorrow and one foot in yesterday, I'm peeing all over today. There is a balance between planning for tomorrow and obsessing over it. I have to really work to get that balance. Good post for me today. Hugs, Magic
Old 12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Originally Posted by insane
she said.....why are you worrrying about something that isn't happening today? might never happen? God doesn't want you to be spending your time like that....if you work your program, you will know what you need to know when you need to know it.
Wise lady. I was taught the same thing. It's called "anticipatory anxiety".. We put ourselves in such a state thinking about what might happen...

It's so hard to change. There's no denying that. What makes it even more sad is that we want to so bad, it hurts. And we have difficulty doing it.

Be kind to yourself. Use the same creed as AA...one day at a time. And if that's too much time, one hour at a time.

And Magic...such wisdom. Loved it!!!

Kathy