Hooks which keep you boundary-less in relationships

Old 08-16-2004, 07:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Greetings Robert!!!

Never, never, never give up. Your life is worth something. I hope you will take some comfort from all of us.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Dont Fade Away,,,,....

crap,,,you found me out!!! thank you so much for holding up a mirror for me....this will now be my bible..thank you for this truth.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
shammy

WOW..I only joined this forum today and I've learned so much already. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm starting to learn so many things that 'I' have the power to change. I'm so glad I found you

Old 03-04-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminders. I will read this thread often. I got some of my power back just reading it.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

3,4 7 & 9 -got a lot to work on!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Hey cwohio, don't feel bad, we all have work to do ON ourselves. LOL. Every time I look around a new corner of my life I need to go back and work the program on myself just to find the balance again.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
zoe

#10 Said it all for me. I watch programs on tv and think that could be us. I tell me H and he just looks at me.. I find disassociaton describes him best in my eyes. Am I referring back to #10? Yes some what. He is so aloof, this to shall pass comes to mind.
Zoe
Ok 3,5,6,7 need alot of work also.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

thanks daffodil!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
ewj

HI I am new to this forum. Such great advice here. Dazed and confused as of late. Married to a recovering alcoholic and feeling the pressure. The thought you posted here really hit the mark for me. Thanks Daffodil
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

ewj,
Welcome to SR"s friends and family of alcoholics.

This thread is so useful in helping to keep the focus on my recovery. So glad you find it helpful.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

OK this is going to be a weekend read for me - I want to thoroughly read the whole thing thanks MG this is another one of those sticky's I do believe. I started to get grossed out as soon as I hit #5 and I stopped not too far past there for now! It is true what it says about not being able to really have an intimate relationship in that kind of situation. I remember thinking way back, way "pre-reality" that I was starting to feel more like a mom than a girlfriend and that really bothered me a lot but then came in probably all the other stuff like guilt, feeling I must do whatever to salvage things since I waited so long for "such a good relationship" etc...yeap definitely a weekend read and yes I think it might hurt a smidge but this is another one of those excellent eye opener posts and helps to explain some of the things I felt or noticed before or now and helps put a name to it and I think I will be able to learn from reading this.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I used to be most of these. Now I'm a classic #7.

New day, new rules. I will no longer be a #7!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello, I am new hear, and thanks to "Morning GLory" for the enlightment. thanks to sober recovery forums
Old 12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

welcome Airc99

I notice you posted on another thread (your first post)..Didn't want you to get buried so Welcome to SR.

Please continue to post and let us get to know you.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Daughter/sister/widow/lover

Boundaries? What boundaries? Who me?
#9 gets me the worst
Those of you who know my story know that it has been my experience that when you let go they die. It has always been "Live and Let Die" in my life. I have to get angry enough to not care if they die before I can let go.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh dear oh dear oh dear,

all of them are true for me except #9.

I am the product of a long line of alcoholics so i guess i should not be so suprised that i am such a mess.

I am going to start working on the suggestions on how to establish boundries tonight. All the A's are out of my life now (no contact with my mother, grandfather has passed and my husband is living with someone else) so at least I can have a fresh start!

Finally feeling some hope!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Im printing this and putting it right by my phone cause of course my ASB is out on a what do i call it trying to feed his addiction and here I sit with my 4 babies worried about him!! [B]NOPE NOW WHEN HE HAS EXCUSES I HAVE ANSWERS THAT STICK UP FOR MYSELF I DONT KNOW HOW MANY HOOKS I HAVE ACTUALLY I'LL ADMIT ALMOST ALL OF THEM BUT VERY GOOD ARTICLE BY THE PHONE IT GOES SO WHEN HE IS COMEING DOWN I HAVE ANSWERS FOR MYSELF WHEN HE CALLS IN A DAY OR TWO!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Wow. Helloooooooooooooooooooo to me. and to you and you and all of you. LOL. I am classic bits of 1 and 2. and DEFINITELY10 10 has been me nemesis. I hate 10.

((((MG))))) thank you for this 17 page post that I am currently printing b/c I do not have time to read and absorb all right now. For me the information you posted is so very necessary for a good recovery. I have been all of these. I was all of them at 25 at 43 I am 3. I guess that is progress. What i realize bars (no pun intended) from getting thru is the symptom of ignored boundaries. Those guys. BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do those and then i may not and then I do those and then I may not. Thank you for this.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks MG for bringing this back... It's the same material being used in my sons life skills program! Good stuff.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Can we make this a sticky again? It's awesome.