Let me share this

Old 11-07-2021, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let me share this

I just wanted to share the piece of information that appeared to me kinda funny. So the ex opened his own rehab, where he works along side with psychologist (yep, the one that was his own therapist and with whom he started relationship) - so apparently now they are “helping” others to deal with their addiction😬

It’s just so absurd that it’s funny. I mean if they really can help others - that’d be just great! But knowing everything is kinda doubting
Old 11-07-2021, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is strange and kind of sad.

These are some of the last people I would want working with someone that I knew that had an addiction. It's unfortunate that she wasn't taken to task for hooking in one of her patients which would at least be on her record.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sage

I've seen this before . . . addicts / alcoholics that become certified addiction therapists, a DV therapist that got arrested for DV . . .

It's one thing to have a desire to help people, but kinda a stretch knowing how addiction and DV work to think that a person could stay sober and in recovery around other active addicts.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read an article in the local fish-wrapper written by a substance abuse counselor. She thought it hysterical to do drugs with the clients in the park/under the overpass/ etc. when not at work. I've heard from others that newly sober addicts often have a strong desire to dive right into counseling others, even though sobriety is a new experience for them. Alcohol/drug abuse centers' official policy is to screen them out, but sometimes they don't.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
It is strange and kind of sad.

These are some of the last people I would want working with someone that I knew that had an addiction. It's unfortunate that she wasn't taken to task for hooking in one of her patients which would at least be on her record.
Yea, my thoughts exactly. In that time I could have reported all that, but I was so disgusted that only wanted to get as far as possible from all that and get an amicable divorce..
Old 11-07-2021, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
I read an article in the local fish-wrapper written by a substance abuse counselor. She thought it hysterical to do drugs with the clients in the park/under the overpass/ etc. when not at work. I've heard from others that newly sober addicts often have a strong desire to dive right into counseling others, even though sobriety is a new experience for them. Alcohol/drug abuse centers' official policy is to screen them out, but sometimes they don't.
Thats what I’ve been thinking. I’m not an expert of course, but being on recovery path more a bit more than a year and already opening your own rehab just seems not very right thing
Old 11-07-2021, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If I may offer a perspective of someone with 11 years sober.

When we quit during the first couple of years, we are ar*seholes who think we know everything!! Like teenagers as that is actually what we emotionally are.

So we go crashing in, telling everyone else what to do, we want to save the world with our superior knowledge!!

As time goes on, we mature in our sobriety, work our program and realise that we know nothing, we tend to then shut up and sit back a bit and grow up.

Or some don't mature, they often return to their addiction.