SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Charing First Al-Anon meeting Tuesday (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/45607-charing-first-al-anon-meeting-tuesday.html)

renee18 12-12-2004 07:17 PM

Charing First Al-Anon meeting Tuesday

I can't believe I said I would chair a meeting. What was I thinking. I am the youngest in my Al-Anon group. They are going to be looking at me. I hate being the center of attention. My topic will be Self-esteem because that is what is very hard for me. I am trying to work on step 4 but I got scared and stopped. I will wait for a little while and then try again. I know they will not judge me but it is still hard. I think I will do a good job it should be asmall group because it is close to Christmas. Wish me luck.
Love,
Shana

eddie z. 12-12-2004 07:43 PM

(((((Shana))))),
That's great! I KNOW you'll do fine. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it goes, OK?
Love and hugs,
Eddie

noifs2day 12-12-2004 09:30 PM

Good topic!
Good Luck Shana!

eddie z. 12-13-2004 09:21 PM

And yes, that is an excellent choice of a topic! How are you doing today? Nervous? Don't be. I think it is so awesome that you are getting such an early start on you recovery! Chairing a meeting! Fantastic. Just remember to keep breathing.
Love and hugs,
Eddie :baby:

Magichappens 12-14-2004 05:10 AM

Shana,
You rock! You are an example to others. I am so proud of you. Even though you are scared, you don't let it stop you from trying things. You have come so far. I am sure that your group is very proud of you too. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Magic

cwohio 12-14-2004 07:47 AM

shana - your sr family is very proud and just like we were all scared to take a first step at anything, you will do a WONDERFUL job chairing your meeting, I just KNOW it!

hugs from your ohio buddy - cwohio

abtchonamission 12-14-2004 08:16 AM

Shana,
You'll do just fine. There is nothing that is impossible, including being able to chair this meeting wonderfully. Of course, you'll be nervous, but your recovery will shine through, and you'll do a great job.

Hugs,
Trisha

renee18 12-14-2004 08:33 AM

thanks guys. I know i will do a good job but yes I am a little scared but I am going to do it. I have a lot of support from the members in my group. Wish me good luck and i will let you all know how it went to night when i gety home.

I love you all
Shana

Gabe 12-14-2004 09:08 AM

Shana, I'm sure you'll do a great job.
:wavey:

renee18 12-14-2004 05:24 PM

Hello everyone. I chair the meeting tonight there was only 8 people there that was a relief for me. I did it. I did a great job. I comented three or four times tonight now just on the page I read but the other pages people read and i have never done that before. I told them why I pick self-esteem and I really shared how I was feeling about things going on now that are affecting myself esteem. I am going to chiar next week too and i am kind of looking forward to doing it again. Thanks for all your guys support.
LOve,
Shana

eddie z. 12-14-2004 05:26 PM

Shana,
:funjump: :D :funjump:
—EZ

nocellphone 12-15-2004 11:42 AM

It always helps me to remember that there's a Higher Power in the room and I ain't it! My sponsor reminds me that, when I'm fearful going into any situation, I can send HP ahead of me to create a safe place.

It's been my experience since the beginning that meetings take care of themselves. All I need to do as chairperson is to just show up!

Thanks for doing service, Shana! Keep up the good work!

cwohio 12-15-2004 11:49 AM

shana - you'll be an old pro in no time! good for you on chairing the next meeting too - it will probably boost your self-esteem to boot!

applause, applause!

hugs - cwohio