"Get sober or get out" does it work?

Old 07-13-2002, 08:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

just some food for thought.....

i also opened a sole account about 3 yrs ago. at that time my h's doc was crack. he stole my checks, made them out to himself, and forged my name. when i finally got the courage to call the police to have him arrested for forgery, they told me there was nothing they could do because it was still considered marrital property. he also went right into the bank and filled out a withdrawal slip, signed his name, (on my sole account) and the stupid bank gave it to him. again, nothing i could do. one thing i can suggest is to ask the bank to put a note on your accounts to ALWAYS check for id. other than that, i would ask your attoney.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

FYI...............Take you money....in cash and put it in a safe deposit box..If you have an adult child have them open it...if not get a friend to do it for you and another co-sign person you can trust. This way the $$$$$$$$$$ can't be traced.....sneaky I know but hey...look what we have been put through. ; )
Love Kitty
Old 07-14-2002, 08:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

A quiet day, and my A was "dry" (but I hesitate to call this sobriety). He was tired, hungry and quiet but pleasant. He spent the entire day reading UNDER THE INFLUENCE by Milam and Ketcham which is a fantastic book. I like it because it treats alcoholism like the disease it is, and outlines sound, effective treatment.

According to this book, acute withdrawal lasts 4 days. Protracted withdrawal can last a lifetime.

So. He's educating himself which makes this disease less scary. Tomorrow ... we'll see. He's going to tell me what he's going to do about his own treatment. Nice to have this breather--this is the first nondrinking day in about 4 weeks. I'm in "we'll see" and "one day at a time" mode now.

Thanks for asking!
marie