I’d like to offer a little hope to others out there.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I’d like to offer a little hope to others out there.

Around February this year I posted here because I was getting pretty torn up with the sick certainty that after 15 years of trying my brother was finally going to drink himself to death this year. It did seem utterly hopeless, and I was having a hard time accepting it.

Anyway a lot of stuff happened and he is getting divorced and other hard things to deal with but he is doing AA and has finally stopped drinking for about 4-5 months now. I know that’s not that long but he’s never quit or even acknowledged he had a problem before so this is a big deal.

I’ve tried to be as supportive as possible and help him get through it,I’m really aware this might be his only chance but I am getting more and more hopeful that maybe he has changed for good and he will stick with it, only time will tell.

Anyway as long as the people we care about are still alive, it’s never too late; people can change if they want to enough and we help them. I genuinely thought the next family event we would be going to with him would be his funeral so I really value each day we do get. I hope some of you get a similarly pleasant surprise.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Unwound....thank you fr oposting this! I feel so happy fo hear this turnaround for you and your brother.
Millions are able to get sobriety through the acceptance and love that they find in the rooms of AA.