I guess you guys were right :(

Old 10-02-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Steph, how are you and your family doing today?
Old 10-02-2021, 02:32 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Steph.....I find myself thinking about you and your family....and, wondering how you all are making out...
How about dropping us a line, if you can........
Old 10-06-2021, 07:57 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StephEgan View Post
Yeah mine drinks vodka but I thought there was a good chance he could stop the secret drinking and drink like a normal person - I have no issue wtih getting a buzz on on the weekend personally so I figured he could just do that like the rest of us. He didn't mean that as in that you can't be an alcoholic if you only drink beer - just that my rule was no secret vodka and he was saying he only drank beer outside with my dad. He had 2 beers and 1 nonalcoholic beer - but I know that breathalyser works - is he the only person who it doesn't work for?!
I am not caught up in the thread yet but I could have written your post. After an incident when my ex AH had my daughter and was clearly drunk, I’d breathalyze him before he could pick her up. He blew a .24 after driving to my house and claimed he hadn’t been drinking. there were four different times before I had him officially on sobriety monitoring we’re here had a high breathalyzer and lied to my face. He was literally trying to convince me he was one of those medical miracles where a persons gut turns alcoholic even if they haven’t drunk anything, which we saw on a Grey’s Anatomy episode once. It’s crazy making and it makes you have to even ask that stupid question about whether this technology works for everyone but him. It’s not broken. He really is lying straight to your face.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I really did not know for sure that he was an alcoholic though - hence allowing this time to prove he isn't one basically. I'm just shocked that someone could think that they could look at a breathalyser and deny the number is accurate - it's very odd. Like bat$h!t crazy level odd to stare at the number and claim it is wrong - 3 times. I need to do this to understnad what on earth is going on in my house - it isn't like I plan to live like this forever - just long enough to decide what I'm going to do - like a few more weeks basically. His parents arrive on Saturday and I need to speak to his mother about all of this. During the next few weeks, either he won't drink again or he will seem very odd and I will breathalyse him and see yet again that he is secretly drinking and his parents can see it then too and help me deal with this.
it seems obvious to people who have been around here for a long time about the lying, but it’s very very hard to come to terms with when you’re first realizing someone really is honest to God an alcoholic how bald face and sincere-sounding the lying is. Even when you know they drink too much, blah blah blah, the full realization of the extent to which this person you made a promise to is able to/feels compelled to so brazenly lie to your face is hard to believe.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:06 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

So like what would he do if he turned on me?! At the moment, I am a perfect wife a perfect mother he loves me deeply and wants to fix this....so soon it will be I am a b with an itch who has ruined his life I guess?! Will he try to take my child?!

I'm just struggling to see that he is a different person to who he was.

I've drafted an email to his mother debating when to send it - clearl ythere's no point in letting him speak to them about it because he lies!!! I feel they need a warning bfore they arrive as to what is going on. Where on earth is this vodka now anyway?! I cannot understand where it could even be grrrr!!!!
after I left mine, which he always blamed me 100% for it as being a “quitter”, he said the most awful **** to me. After he died earlier this year, I found out from the longest girlfriend he had after me that he had developed a plan as to how to murder me and get away with it. Obviously he did not. But he was so far down that rabbit hole he was telling other people and using it to scare a subsequent partner. Once you’re not on team alcoholic anymore, you may be a mortal enemy.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingForFire View Post

Once you’re not on team alcoholic anymore, you may be a mortal enemy.
So true.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
sage

@StephEgan hoping you're well and healthy. If you've time, let us know how you're doing?
Old 10-11-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Steph.....if I have gotten the dates right, your husband's family must h ave arrived, by now....??
If so, I am wondering how it is going in your household?
I am assuming that your own parents have left, by now...?

We all care about you and your family and we do think about you. Just so you know.