Papers are signed ... sad day

Old 09-21-2021, 06:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Kaya, I'm sorry you are hurting more again, it's certainly another rollercoaster ride, the good thing is the ride actually ends and you get to leave the ride and carry on with a happy life.

Personality type I suppose but I don't feel bad on "anniversaries" of marriage or divorce. I can't even remember my first marriage date or divorce, it's just not worth remembering, not because it wasn't good at some points etc, just because it does nothing for me, well nothing good.

As you move forward, I hope you will try to really take hold of all the good that is in store. All the things you now don't have to worry about. This will take time (as this all does - frustrating though it may be). You have been doing so well.
Thank you.... you have become an amazing sounding board. I appreciate you
Old 09-21-2021, 06:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
I could be wrong but I think there will come a day when you will be glad for all those differences you mentioned between you & him. I know you are sad about those difference now however in my opinion they are all good differences for various reasons.
I get what you were saying now I reread what I originally wrote. At first I thought you meant differences like he drinks and I don't
Old 09-21-2021, 06:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ke**i

It is hard!!! Hugs to you. Our divorce was final last Thursday. I saw someone for the first time since the seperation. She told me I looked really good and I had a glow about me. You're going to have a glow some day too! Hang in there!
Old 09-22-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was referring to these differences you mentioned in your opening post. Most of these were very important differences for me. I didnt know at the time it was happening, but in the longer run they were also all good differences for me.

Different homes
Different cell phone plans
Different car
Different health care
Different bills
Live in different states - I was not so fortunate she lives like 20 or 30 minutes away. I have thought how nice it would be if she moved far away in a different state.
Different last names - we werent married with the same last name, but due to the circumstance, our names got very connected on public records. Even today they are still that way. I still get calls for her on a regular basis from bill collectors. I get junk mail with her first name & my last name as if we were married.

I will add one of my own - we live different (separate) lives. She lives hers & I live mine.

Just wanted you to know concerning above because I thought you are currently feeling sad about all these differences. Pretty sure I could write a book about any one of the differences noted above.