SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Hi, I went MIA for quite awhile (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/455446-hi-i-went-mia-quite-awhile.html)

amy55 09-09-2021 10:57 PM

Hi, I went MIA for quite awhile

Wanted to update you before I go to sleep. Will check back in tomorrow. Finished my cancer treatment in July, it was throat cancer. I had to have a mask made for that. Got through all the treatments, 35 radiation, 6 chemos. I'm still not able to eat. I drink those now boring protein drinks. How is everyone else doing?

trailmix 09-09-2021 11:36 PM

Hi Amy, I'm doing well. I'm so glad to hear your treatments have been done. I'm sure it was grueling for you but so worth it. I was wondering how you were doing so I'm glad you are posting.

I hope you are taking really good care of yourself as well and have others looking out for you while you heal.

aasharon90 09-10-2021 04:06 AM

So glad to hear that you are doing well Amy and that
your treatments for Cancer has been successful for you.

Sending love, care and support your way as you continue
to move forward in a healthy strong way. :c014:

SparkleKitty 09-10-2021 05:13 AM

Amy I am always so glad when you return to give us an update. I'm also glad your treatment is over, I hope you had support and help throughout the process and that your recovery is proceeding as it should.

Doing okay in my neck of the woods. The pandemic brought a lot of changes and a lot of clarity about how I want to live. Still a work in progress.

dandylion 09-10-2021 10:58 AM

amy…..so glad that you posted, as I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. As you feel like it,maybe you can dill us in on some more of the details of how things are going.
My husbands son in law had the same treatments----and, yes, the eating thing was quite a challenge for him, also---but, he did return, eventually, to regular eating. That was well over ten years ago. He has had no recurrence.

Bernadette 09-10-2021 11:07 AM

Oh wow Amy, what a lot you have been through. I seem to recall you had moved in the last few years to a pretty location surrounded by nature? I hope you're finding some solace among the trees. Sending you good warm vibes and a shot of courage for healing.
:Valdog:
Peace,
B.

Dee74 09-10-2021 01:21 PM

It’s good to hear from you Amy and I hope the treatment will be a complete success! :grouphug:

D

Amaranth 09-10-2021 02:34 PM

Always so good to hear how you're doing Amy. You are such an inspiration to me. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you a great big hug

SmallButMighty 09-10-2021 02:41 PM

Been thinking of you Amy and hoping you were coming along well on your healing journey. Thank you for coming to let us know how you are fairing. Things are OK with me, stilling missing my family as I haven't been able to travel and see them since Jan 2020.. our family are all fully vaccinated now, so hopefully I can get across that darn border soon and hug my people! Hang in there my friend, positive healing vibes being beamed your way. *hugs*

amy55 09-10-2021 06:18 PM

I would like to thank each of you individually and update you all. I'd be posting the same thing though. I lost 30 lbs, 5 more lbs I will be considered underweight. Had to have 6 teeth removed for a dental clearance for the radiation. I still can't taste food, now I have dry mouth. As always though, I am a fighter. Nothing is going to take me down. I also have really good neighbors, they mow my lawn and pick up dog poop for me. I have trouble asking for help, result of abusive marriage. Learning how to accept it now. Finding out being strong sometimes doesn't mean strong in mind and strong in body. I wasn't able to separate those two. Remember when I earned my kids trust back again, it was because I was stronger, was afraid to show weakness in body. I'm now more open with my kids and it's because of this place. So thank you for that. So that Covid thing. I haven't really been out of my house since end of Feb 2020? Is it that long already. I go to Drs, Hospitals, do pick up groceries. My son and daughter in law had a new baby on 4/3/21. I did visit them before Delta variant started. Waiting for when I can get my booster shot. My son and grandson just went for a Covid test. He's not allowed back at work till it comes back negative. It's because his 4 yr old son may have symptoms, so waiting for that. My son works with Covid. He does computer programming for sequencing it. His wife also works at the same place, so she's home also. I sleep a lot and watch sitcoms a lot now.

amy55 09-10-2021 07:17 PM

Almost forgot, I got 2 miniature Australian Shepherds now, they would have been put in a shelter because of health problems and no longer a stud. So got daughter, then adopted the father. My cat Misty died last month, right before she died, she let out the loudest Meow. I ran over to her, she put her paws to my face, then lifted her head up to give me a kiss goodbye, then she put her head down and took her last breath. I also need to have another colonoscopy which they put off because of my other treatments. Last one showed I might have some pre cancerous whatever. It begins with an A. I also have a hernia that I might need to have surgery for. You just take one day at a time.

trailmix 09-10-2021 07:33 PM

You are strong amy and you are doing so well. I'm sorry about your cat, that's sad. The 2 minis must be great. This is a hard struggle, but you are facing it and you will beat it all.

Congratulations on your new grandchild, babies are so cute! I'm glad to hear your neighbours are helping. Yes, you have mentioned before about not liking to ask for help but it's great you are accepting it and I'm sure they really like to help you out.

Dee74 09-10-2021 09:02 PM

Congratulations for all the good things happening in your life and hugs for the not so good ones Amy. You have my best wishes thoughts and prayers :)

D

amy55 09-10-2021 10:02 PM

I take one day at a time.

amy55 09-10-2021 10:21 PM

I came here in Aug 2011 I think. I came here because I am an alcoholic, but I also had so many other problems. I didn't realize it's been that long. Made many friends here. I was also just getting out of an abusive relationship, buying a new home, trying to move on in my life, and just doing ODAT. You all helped me so much. I needed you to help me rebuild my life and to also keep me from drinking over it. You did that. I owe my life and my strength to this place. You accepted me. I hope I was helpful to some also.

dandylion 09-11-2021 08:02 AM

amy…..you did help many-----especially, with your posts to those who were in abusive relationships.