“More will be revealed” … it’s so true!

Old 08-30-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

“More will be revealed” … it’s so true!

I remember reading this quote on here a few times at the start of my “journey” ie when I finally twigged my husband was an alcoholic. Yep two years down the line I’m finding out the truth. The lies! Omg I doubted he would lie to the degree that he has. I believed that despite the drinking, that he really did love our children and would do right by them after we split.

So I had to do a bit of detective work for my upcoming court hearing in September. We haven’t divorced yet due to him dragging his feet, not meeting court deadlines and refusing to offer me any financial settlement. He was forced by court order to disclose his bank statements for the last 12 months. He has only still disclosed one account - there is more to uncover but wow! 😬 going through these I discovered a subscription to a dating site!!

of course I took advantage of the free three day trial and signed up 😂 to look at his profile. He’s got the mandatory photos of himself holding a drink in every picture. In Spain (so he’s had a foreign holiday since we split! Nice bit of “Lifestyle evidence” for a man that claims to be on the breadline)

he also says he is “divorced” he’s not. Also he’s a “lover of fine wines” 😯

Apparently he is “very romantic” and he’s looking for a lady aged 35-50 (he’s almost 60) and he only has one flaw which is that he can sometimes be a little impatient”

any takers? Form an orderly queue! 😂

Strangely it didn’t upset me to see that. More I worry for the poor soul that falls for it.

I also added up his regular spends in the off licence. Over £400 a month so at least he’s consistent…

Also revealed such obvious tax evasion that I’m surprised he handed them over. Tax returns for the businesses were zero and showed no profit - because he’s having all his clients pay into the personal account!!! I have a very strong case for the judge any way. I’ll update you when I know more.

He pays me no child support. Doesn’t buy the kids birthday gifts or Christmas gifts (or ever wish my eldest girls happy birthday) says he will, but then says he’s broke.

Another revelation I saw that last year on our youngest daughters birthday I had paid him £50 to pick up a Chinese takeout for her he told me he “was on his knees broke” He actually had more money in his account that week than I’ve ever had the entire time we’ve been apart. 🙄 He has also sold marital assets and cashed in pensions.

So if anyone is who still in the early stages doubting that their AH is really as bad as all that … my advice sadly is to assume the worst until proven otherwise. And to treat every word you hear from them as a lie.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting you say it didn't upset you, I relate. I found it very validating when my AH's lies came out into the open. It confirmed that my gut reactions were right. I found quite a lot of relief and peace in it.

Take care.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ahhh, online matchmaking! Yep, looking for arm candy 15 years younger than himself, not mentioning the children he needs to support, 'lover of fine wines' indeed! I used to like best "looking for someone open-minded," which usually meant he was married.

I had the great good fortune once and the man in question gave me his phone number in case I had to cancel, and I did have to cancel owing to an ice storm beginning about an hour before we were to meet. Turns out the number was his ex-wife's cell, not his own. More was certainly revealed.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sage

It's usually amazing how much we overlook until it's all laid out in front of us . . . it can be so self - affirming to find we were not imagining things, that intuition was correct. I've learnt now to always take note when I get "gut feelings." I don't always act on them, but I listen.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hard to believe he could be worse than he appeared, but there it is!

I've never looked at a dating profile online, but if I had I would read that and gag. Lover of fine wines indeed (that's so corny haha).

Old 08-30-2021, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haha, my fall down drunk uncle with a train wreck of a life liked to describe himself as a "lover of fine wines" too. Is comical!!

No you aren't, mate, you are just a plain old daily drunk!!
Old 08-30-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lol.....I have never seen an alcoholic refuse a drink because it was not "fine" enough.

Bless you, RainingButtons----you do have a good sense of humor. "Form an orderly Queue"......Ha, ha, ha, ha ha!!

Thanks so much for bringing us the update. Let us know how you get along with the court date. I am anxious to hear---and I do hope that you get some modicum of justice.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
Ahhh, online matchmaking! Yep, looking for arm candy 15 years younger than himself, not mentioning the children he needs to support, 'lover of fine wines' indeed! I used to like best "looking for someone open-minded," which usually meant he was married.

I had the great good fortune once and the man in question gave me his phone number in case I had to cancel, and I did have to cancel owing to an ice storm beginning about an hour before we were to meet. Turns out the number was his ex-wife's cell, not his own. More was certainly revealed.
wow! 😂 I bet that was an interesting conversation!

I had a little browse of the local available talent whilst on that site (making the most of the 3 day trial &#128514 it’s actually interesting how many men think a beer or wine in hand is a necessary prop for a photo. To me (and I bet a lot of women) that’s an instant no no. Also several of them photographed with only one arm as it’s so obvious a wife is cut out of the picture!

One or two didn’t look like serial killers. But still didn’t tempt me to buy a subscription I’m enjoying being single and free far too much right now!

yes it was weirdly good to have my suspicions validated.

The “fine wines” made me laugh out loud. He never pays more than £6.99 for a bottle in that off licence 😂 must pair nicely with a two day old takeout vindaloo I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️😬
Old 08-31-2021, 02:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lol, I agree the "lover of fine wines" bit is golden.

"My this wine is exquisite!"
"Sir please stop drinking 2 buck chuck on the train."
Old 08-31-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

At least, thank God, he had his clothes on at the dating website.....
Old 09-01-2021, 01:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
Thank the Lord for small mercies!

that beer belly was carefully edited out (head and shoulder shots only)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
I laughed out loud at this comment!!

Thanks, Eauchiche

Sometimes is good to laugh at just how insane all this stuff.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So good to hear an update from you RB! I'm always excited to see what you have to tell. It makes me smile to see you gaining more strength each time you come back to post. You've come so far in your recovery, you truly are an inspiration.

*hugs*
Old 09-03-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
So good to hear an update from you RB! I'm always excited to see what you have to tell. It makes me smile to see you gaining more strength each time you come back to post. You've come so far in your recovery, you truly are an inspiration.

*hugs*
Thankyou! Xx