He’s drinking again

Old 09-08-2021, 02:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by London85 View Post
You was all right. I was trying to see the good.
Ive reached out to friends and family I isolated before to ask for help getting me out of here.
Staying with a friend tomorrow and looking for somewhere to live.
I need to leave before my spirit gets broken.
Sending supportive hugs to you.

Good work in seeing through it, it is very difficult and painful to accept reality. We get so trauma bonded and wrapped up in them.

Take care.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sending love and strength to you London. This is incredibly difficult. Please don't berate yourself for wanting things to be different than they are, we all do it. I'm glad you are somewhere safe.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Sorry to hear, but not a surprise really, after I went back and read your posts from earlier this month. It's really hard for alcoholics to quit for long. Once they begin to feel better physically and mentally, the AV (Addictive Voice) begins whispering in their ear that they can handle "a couple" drinks again. It's really just the primitive brain wanting more. The same brain that wants air and food and sex. Especially during times of increased emotions, because alcohol was used to dampen them.

If you read in the Newcomers section here you will see a half dozen posts about it at any given time. People wondering what happened. Thinking they could return to moderate drinking. Unfortunately it never works. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. There is a great book about it called Alcohol Explained by William Porter, if you want to learn how it works from a physiological and psychological standpoint. Easy to read, not preachy at all.
What you said about alcohol being used to dampen their emotions really spoke to me - last week when I caught my husband secretly drinking, he said he has been doing it for 10 years when things were bad at home because he felt it helped! Our child is ill and we've had a lot of hard times over the years and he thought that drinking during those times helped?! These men have very low emotional intelligence!
Old 09-08-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

He put his hands on your neck?! Get out NOW!! That is worse than anything else - I have read that men who put their hands on someone's neck are the worst type of dangerous!!!
Old 09-08-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
sage

Be safe. Reach out to this forum for support, even if you are just reading. Best wishes going forward!
Old 09-10-2021, 10:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by London85 View Post
You was all right. I was trying to see the good.
Ive reached out to friends and family I isolated before to ask for help getting me out of here.
Staying with a friend tomorrow and looking for somewhere to live.
I need to leave before my spirit gets broken.
I'm so glad you reached out to your friends and family London. I hope you are in a safe place now. Take care and please keep us updated.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

The people giving you good advice here, many of them have lived through what you are going through. Alcoholism is the same. Your alcoholic is not unique. It is hard to learn from other people, but it hurts us less than making our own mistakes. Let this man follow his own path. Maybe he gets sober and returns to you a better man. But you have to take care of yourself and let him take care of himself. You can not fix him.