Thank you

Old 07-25-2021, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

I just wanted to tell everyone on here thank you. Your responses have given me so much understanding and peace.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel the same…Great bunch of folks here.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
I feel the same…Great bunch of folks here.
This ^^^

In a way SR has become a church for me. Lots of sacraments being handed around.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sage

I'm also so very thankful for all of you. I'm new to SR, but you've all been welcoming and thoughtful.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In this recovery journey, supporting and posting responses to other people is very healing to the person doing the supporting and replying as well as the person receiving the support.

That is how recovery works. 50/50. Both sides benefit.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Going to echo PW's post. Even though I've been here for several years now, there is ALWAYS something I learn from reading other people's posts, and ALWAYS something I learn when/if I reply to a post. Sometimes I'm inspired by someone else's courage, sometimes another person asks questions that make me ponder throughout the day.

I think sometimes people come here wanting to be "fixed", but then find out it doesn't work that way. It takes engagement, effort, reflection, action--in short, it's not easy, and no one can do it for you. For me, continuing to read/post here is what I do for ongoing growth and learning for myself as well as for whatever benefit others might get from it. Also, reading other people's posts reminds me of what it was like, where I came from, and the progress that has been made as well as the work still needing to be done.

One of my favorite quotes, from Ann Lamott: "E.L. Doctorow said once said that 'Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.' You don't have to see where you're going, you don't have to see your destination or everything you will pass along the way. You just have to see two or three feet ahead of you. This is right up there with the best advice on writing, or life, I have ever heard."

Every day, I try to stay within what I can see by my headlights.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I credit the good folks here with a large part of my recovery. I wish there were a way to meet everyone in person.