Fiance found romance in rehab and I'm going crazy!

Old 05-22-2021, 07:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Definition of Codependency: "Excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner, typically one who requires support on account of an illness or addiction"

Clearly, I am a codependent! Maybe we should start a sub-group of the Friends and Family section called "Codependents Anonymous." 😂. All joking aside, at least the first step is admitting the problem. Sounds a lot like something else closely related here. But the next steps and actions are always harder than the words.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:53 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

There are many definitions of co-dependency around. My favorite one is this one----"Co-dependency is not so much about relationships with others as it is about the LACK of relationship with one's own self".
Old 05-23-2021, 09:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Red face Just Dont !

Please dont sign up for more suffering by returning to this horribly unhealthy person and situation. Stay safe, stay away.

I didnt stay away and I’ll regret it forever.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Case, how is your life working out now? Maybe it’s posted in another thread I have not found. Going through a similar hell with an AW in rehab but she’s gone totally silent on we’ve hit month 4. I suspect she’s found her “next high or buzz” inside with someone else, but am just grasping at straws since I don’t hear anything.

I hope you’ve been able to detach, to step back and do what’s best for your kids. I hope your father didn’t have to deal with her when she got out. I hope you are stateside and safe. I used to make my living on the ocean, gone for months at a time. I understand the helpless feeling of not being able to be “present” physically. I hope you are doing well. Peace to you!