Proud of me!!!!

Old 03-22-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ke**i

Proud of me!!!!

I had a peaceful weekend away from here.
AH returned home from his forced hotel stay to watch the dogs while I was away and is now on a work trip. I opened the trash can to throw away a cup and found loads of beer cans, an empty bottles. I immediately go into panic mode...who should I tell, who can help him....blah blah and was just about to reach out to his sister when I paused....

The 5 hour drive both ways allowed me to listen to "Co-dependant no More". The detachment idea really struck home with me. I am detaching from this relationship!! I am taking care of myself and have 2 meetings with attorneys today. These cans and bottles are not mine to worry about, they are just a reminder of how important these meetings are to continuing to detach and focus on me!
Old 03-22-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is really good work, Tired. Very well done.

Co-dependent No More is such an awesome book. I hope you got as much from it as I did. All the best to you.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A lot of the work early on is just that, catching yourself when you go in to "fix" mode, stepping back and saying, ok, that has nothing to do with me really, then focusing back on yourself, which is exactly what you did!

That is well done, I'm happy for you.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
A lot of the work early on is just that, catching yourself when you go in to "fix" mode, stepping back and saying, ok, that has nothing to do with me really, then focusing back on yourself, which is exactly what you did!

That is well done, I'm happy for you.
This was very true for me. My behaviours were sooooo automatic that I had dived in before I even realised.

It took me quite a while to practise catching myself before I leapt in. I learnt to PAUSE. Game changer.

This work is in stages, I think, as you say, TrailMix.