Threats

Old 03-09-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pizza.....he is not bigger than the Law. He is not bigger than the Courts. Sooner than later---every person has a level of incompetence (when left unchecked) which they will rise to.

It sounds like you may be intimidated by the roar of a paper tiger.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My exah functions enough to survive. He works with power tools. It wouldn't matter if he was a brain surgeon or a bum, the law, upheld by the court system, says division of matrimonial property is 50/50
I will gently ask you again pizza, why do you stay? Try to make it about you, not about him.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pizza67 View Post
Those of you who talk about your AH not following through seem to have AHs that are much lower functioning. Mine is very high functioning. He would not be in the position of losing his job. He’s a follow -through expert and likes to rub that in my face. I wish he were just wandering the streets it would be easier for me in court.
Well it might not be easy, but as others have said, he is not above the law. Is there even a state where matrimonial property is not split 50/50? I suspect he has told you that you will lose everything and you and the kids will be out on the street?

You don't believe anything he says, you know him, why would you believe him about this.

He may be mean, he may be narcissistic, but the law applies to him just like it does to everyone else.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Remember that you are trying to strategize with a tornado in your living room.
What do people do when a tornado is bearing down on them? Thoughts of self-
preservation: protect the kids, which way is it coming from, which room offers the
most protection, where's the mattress for cover..... chaos.

This is why you will see recommendations to get away for even a few days. I know
this has been talked about and covid etc., I doubt you can understand the clarity
that comes when you can think clearly because it usually takes having the
experience to comprehend the depth of it. It seems a less drastic action
to go away for a few days- a bridge between reality now and divorce proceedings.

And everything he texts you, I would take with the weight of
"oh darn, he's calling me a duck again".....
Old 03-09-2021, 06:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Do the right thing

I’ve read through many of your previous posts, and see that your situation is actually more advanced than i knew when I I wrote my post above. You have already gotten so much well meaning advice.

Get out for you and for your kids. Don’t make any more excuses, because you have made a lot, and have allowed this cycle to continue a long time.

He will continue his ****. Don’t play into it , because you have been doing that. Get the best lawyer you can and do it for your kids. Someone in your family has to do what’s right for your kids. It won’t be him. It has to be you.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I knew my own sanity was being obliterated by the minute. And I was allowing it. How did I do it? One Right Step at a time. I was afraid and the whatifisms were scary to me. But the joy on the other side outweighs each fear I conjured up. I barely remember being miserable. Life is 100% on my own terms, and I'm so happy I'm embracing it.