A new step today

Old 02-20-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new step today

I attended my first Al-Anon zoom meeting today. I plan to do a beginners one tonight. It was quite liberating especially since my qualifier is passed out in bed. I did something for me that I was so nervous about.
I like having an extra layer of help to go with this forum. Having options for outlets really makes me feel stronger- getting my tools in my toolbox-cant fix everything with a hammer alone, right?!
I might not take huge leaps of advancing but im moving in the right direction for me.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, Hope. Nothing can replace real life support (even when it is virtual ).
Old 02-20-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HopeUnending.....freat "babystep". How does the jug fill with water? "One drop at a time".
Old 02-20-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
That's wonderful, Hope. Nothing can replace real life support (even when it is virtual ).
Absolutely! I felt so emotional during that whole meeting. But in the end I felt good that I did something for ME😊

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
HopeUnending.....freat "babystep". How does the jug fill with water? "One drop at a time".
You are right! I think I'm going to start a gratitude journal too. I like looking at the positive things. And less focus on all that's crappy.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HU.....since you seem to be motivated, I am giving you the following ling to an online self improvement course---it is called "Break The Cycle". Woodlandlost put me onto this---and I think that it is very fertile and valuable material. You mi ght want to take a ;look at it.

http://sfhelp.org/site/intro.htm
Old 02-20-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
HU.....since you seem to be motivated, I am giving you the following ling to an online self improvement course---it is called "Break The Cycle". Woodlandlost put me onto this---and I think that it is very fertile and valuable material. You mi ght want to take a ;look at it.

http://sfhelp.org/site/intro.htm
Thank you! I look forward to checking this out and using it. I'm about to start my 4th and final meeting for the day. I need to keep myself busy while I begin my recovery on a more dedicated level. I don't have much distracting activities so I've decided to emerse myself in my recovery.