Alcoholic Girlfriend Left Me

Old 11-19-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
That's a good description Dandy. The pain of the first few months really is something. Our timelines vary a bit but it always always takes time.

I counted days of no contact similarly to an alcoholic counting days of sobriety. I was clinging to the idea that time would heal if I could just make it through enough days. It helped. A bit.

Keep at it Tom and report in here absolutely any time you want.

. . . . . irk . . . .I had something else to say and now forgot . . . . .will post if my old brain comes back up with it.
Thank you very much. I'm getting better, and it's a treat to feel good from time to time. In fact, I feel good quite often now.

My ex actually did start texting whenever she intends to show up. I think that helped a lot, as it's far easier for me to stay at home knowing she won't randomly enter the apartment out of the blue.

Again, thank you so much to everyone here who took their own personal and valuable time to read my posts and actually reply. It is cathartic to write here, and a real relief to know that whenever I feel really low, I can get on my phone and read this thread to ground myself and find support.

The time you folks have taken to give me advice has not been in vain, thanks again and boy, oh boy have you helped me find my footing in this situation.

I'll keep you updated, I hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you are seeing some healing in yourself. It does take some time.

I would think that not having her show up anytime is a bit of a relief too. Something certainly to be grateful for.

I did remember what I was going to say but it might not be of much use. You did mention at one point that you would think that it would somehow workout. Denial is usually seen as a bad thing but I would like to defend it a bit here. When I was going through that time of free bleeding pain, denial was my only time I got a break from the hurt so I would argue denial has its place . . . . that being said, Tom, you sound like you are doing okay which is so good to hear.

Have a big electronic hug for whatever it is worth.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Good to hear that you are seeing some healing in yourself. It does take some time.

I would think that not having her show up anytime is a bit of a relief too. Something certainly to be grateful for.

I did remember what I was going to say but it might not be of much use. You did mention at one point that you would think that it would somehow workout. Denial is usually seen as a bad thing but I would like to defend it a bit here. When I was going through that time of free bleeding pain, denial was my only time I got a break from the hurt so I would argue denial has its place . . . . that being said, Tom, you sound like you are doing okay which is so good to hear.

Have a big electronic hug for whatever it is worth.
It's worth a lot, sending one to you too!