getting tired of it

Old 10-07-2020, 01:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy getting tired of it

Hi all,
long story made shortish:
i married my house mate 6 month after meeting him and had no idea how much he drank i solwly learnt this after getting married, found the bottles hidden in the strangest places...no so strange now i guess, he was drinking a litre of vodka a day minimum ( i did drink to and used to wonder did i drink that much but no it was him, i would get a bottle of wine and suddenly most of it was gone...he would go and get a drink and skull half the bottle of wine as well)not xmas just gone but the one before i just wanted a nice xmas the two of us as we couldnt get to family, he was drunk by 10 am i left i packed up 3 cats and a dog and went to a caravan park, and he proceeded to drink himself stupid for 2 days, his sister got him into a rehab and i told him if he went i would stay...fast forward 4 weeks he got out didnt drink....his mate came to visit and he didnt want him to know he didnt drink anymore so he drank....and it went from there 1/2 strength vodka a bottle a night 12.99 and on the weekends it became 2 and a can of burbon.......it just keeps getting more and more, on the weekend he locked me out of the house, we have 2 foster kids as well.....i told him i am done i am leaving.....now hes aplogising saying this is my home he wont drink as much ect....i dont know what to do
Old 10-07-2020, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound like you have much of a choice. Take care of you and the kids and the animals. Then if he straightens up fine but it doesn't sound good.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by djane View Post
...he wont drink as much
It's paramount that you understand that this is talk from Alcoholic BS 101.

He cannot "cut down" and sustain it. He also cannot stop all of his unpleasant behavior simply by stopping the drink. Ending the drinking will not be a cure-all to what is happening here. But first and foremost, know that he can't fulfill this promise of consistently cutting down. He just cannot. Period.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

His actions speak much louder than his words. He obviously doesn't want to quit, and if he doesn't, nothing you can do or say will make it stick for long.

Even if you are willing to put up with it, it is a very unstable and scary situation for foster children and pets.
You, and they, deserve far better.