Some days are better than others.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Mike, I had a bit of less-better day myself today . . . . nothing huge.

Just life with a printer that doesn't seem to want to talk to my computer; my old Dad couldn't get his pants on by himself (another sign that I can not continue to take care of him much longer) and tasks that threw up hurdles that I didn't expect.

Furthermore, I need to stay away from our country's political situation as the division in the US is tough right now . . . .although it is a constant reminder to accept reality as it is and turn towards the things that I can change.

The comparison I'm about to make is really of unequal weight, but I do find it helpful to think of past crisis in the world and the people who lived through them. I read Corrie Ten Boom's Hiding Place (about the Netherlands in WWII) when I was young. She and her family were faithful Christians and had a "This too is in God's hands." attitude. Today I was re-reading about the family as the information is now on the internet. My mantra is often "your will be done.". My culturally Catholic faith may be superficially different from many others here but the acceptance, humility and call to compassions and community is the same . . . . or rather I try to live up to what is practiced on this forum.

Anyhow, I hope you are carrying on with this journey of yours to the best of your ability. Peace to you.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
I had a bit of less-better day myself today
Sorry to hear that.

(another sign that I can not continue to take care of him much longer
I know the feeling. Went thru that with my adopted Mom. Eventually had to put her in a series of homes until she died of dementia. It was so hard.

I need to stay away from our country's political situation
Yeah me too.

it is a constant reminder to accept reality as it is and turn towards the things that I can change.
I fully intend to vote.

but I do find it helpful to think of past crisis in the world and the people who lived through them.
Yes. I am lacking in gratitude. I have had such a wonderful life, and am so lucky to still be alive. Yet I forget.

. My culturally Catholic faith
I was raised in an Irish Catholic family in Chicago. I understand. I still have my grandma’s crucifix, even though she passed decades ago.

or rather I try to live up to what is practiced on this forum
I’m not doing so good in that area, but I’m working on in

Mike

Old 09-19-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Mike, Hope today is better than what you had last week, shake off the dark thoughts as best you can. every moment's another chance to get it right. and be good to yourself.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you, Mike. You are in my prayers. You have helped countless people in this forum and I'm glad you're still active.

A big, big hug
Old 09-24-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

some days I wish we were able to meet and really make friends- i think if I'm not mistaken, you reached out and helped me so much with messages that were kind and affirmative when I was struggling through my ex husbands relapse, early sobriety, affair, divorce-- your messages helped me feel so much better, helped me literally breathe when I felt like I couldn't. These are such strange, alienating times-- I wish you felt surrounded by love, care, kindness-- you deserve it and have given it.