Post dissolution modification

Old 08-17-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post dissolution modification

Hello everyone, I sure remember many of you although it’s been a while since my last post-I’m back for more support.

3 years out of alcoholic/narc life and things are going really well in my bubble. Own home, happy hobbies and most importantly kids are doing really well. I lose traction each time they visit their father which he manages to do his damage even only spending 2-4 days a month with them. Several instances I have let slide or picked my battles but just the other day during small talk I discovered that the ex had driven with an open container while kids were in car. We have specific wording in our parenting plan about no alcohol/marijuana during our time with kids but how do I go about taking real action?
move made a counseling appointment, and am posting here. I plan on reaching out for legal assistance but I’m still at a loss for handling this as well as all the fallout Involved once I Blow this whistle. Just here for advice and support. Thank you
Old 08-17-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Thousand, welcome back and congrats on the improvement in your life and the lives of your children.

I never had to parent with an alcoholic so can't really offer support there.

You may already have looked into this but Tina Swithin's One Mom's Battle is a good resource.

Courage and strength to you!
Old 08-17-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi thousandwords! Really good to see you again and hear your update.

You are already on the right track with your counseling appointment and seeking legal assistance. This is really a job for a lawyer to point you in the direction you should proceed.

Driving your children around with open alcohol in the vehicle. That requires some genuinely warped thinking.

Old 08-17-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies-and the blog suggestion, that was great. Just an update I was able to speak to my former attorney and have a game plan now. I am legally able to deny visitation and will follow it up with legal action/modification request.
One thing I’ve learned it’s it’s easier to be more aggressive at first and then reevaluate down the road instead of being conservative and having regrets with parenting plans dealing with an addict/personality disordered individual.
so for those going through this now: be aggressive ...B.E. AGGRESSIVE !!!