The moments I leave behind

Old 08-04-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The moments I leave behind

I do a strange thing when I am exercising and not really in the mood. I break the task into small pieces and take heart from knowing that I will never have to walk that block or hill, or swim that lap every again in my life. I leave that moment behind.
I will never have to have that awful moment when I got in my car to leave, and sobbed "my heart is broken", unable to drive for a few minutes. I will never have to wrap glasses in paper and tape a box of books shut to leave him ever again.
My friend commented that I sounded better on the phone last night than I had a few weeks earlier, and the time before that.
While there will be more hard times ahead, I know I will never have to go through the last 5 or 6 weeks ever again.
Every day I feel stronger and more definate about the decision. I have not regretted it for a moment, and would never go back to him. Not having to deal with his denial and bitterness, not having to hear the pop of a cork coming out of the wine bottle and the first few glugs as it leaves the neck...its a big relief.
I just have to keep moving forward.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Wom,

Just one day at a time, one small task at a time. That's the best way to do it. Then that day is done or that task is done. Sometimes looking at the whole picture of what needs to be done can look daunting and scary. I'm glad that you have learned that if you just break it down in smaller parts, that lets you get though it. You are getting stronger with every day you move forward. Just keep moving forward and do the things that make your life happier. You should be proud of what you have accomplished. Keep being strong.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Powerful words Wom. Powerful feelings.

Powerful YOU!!!

I've been loving your updates. You are very right, those moments are behind, you got off the ride, it's over. It takes a while for your feet to feel like they are on level ground again but you are well on your way. So proud of you! Onwards!
Old 08-04-2020, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
I just have to keep moving forward.
Sometimes we have to create our own rainbows.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This could have been me when I left my husband 3 years ago. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a long and difficult life. but I have no regrets, my life is so much better now, and I hope his is too.