Update

Old 06-10-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maddoc,

You need to just focus on you. I am not surprised by what you just wrote about what he tried to do. An alcoholic will try anything to get back in. Trying to see if there is any chance with you. Then when you didn't budge (good for you!) He tries to bring you down and states he is going to block you. As you see more lies from him. You do not have to take that. You are a much better person without him in your life. Please! block him.

You have enough in your life to deal with then to deal with someone who looks like he just wanted sex. I know you are feeling heartbroken by what you saw early on as a possible new life after your divorce. Just know you are a beautiful person and can move on past this. Take it one day at a time. Look for the things that bring you joy and do them. Why we all desire some sort of companionship to fill our heart. You need to focus on your own heart. Once that is healed then it will be ready to open up to someone who fits your boundaries. I hope you have a good day and keep being strong.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Maddoc------I sent you a PM (private message). Check in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maddoc78 View Post
My therapist.....I admit, she was great as I broke away from my marriage. Dealing with M, I had hoped for a bit more? She basically tells me the same things I read here....that there aren't just red flags, there are flags on fire.....this man is toxic and I risk undoing all the good work I have done this past year. I need to value myself beyond feeling attractive for a man, etc. And I told her, YES, I KNOW that I need to do these things----what are the tools to actually do it? And then it drifts off to another topic.

He has reached out. Basically sayign how heartbroken he is....how much he will miss me. how really we could continue to be together. which my response was, WTF? YOU are heartbroken? YOU are the one doing this! YOU are the one who lied. But, it isn't all him...I share the blame as well. I think I always knew he hadn't really filed. And I figured I could ignore it and just deal with it when my divorce came through and he obviously was not any further in his process. he basically said he still wants to meet up for sex and I told him nope, I don't do that....and he said well then I need to block you because no one tells me no when I want to **** them. So I said fine. As my uncle once said (he is in recovery and actually works as a counselor at an in patient facility), "if you want to hook up with a middle aged alcoholic, it isn't hard, just go to any bar any night of the week."

He obviously didn't block me because I woke up to 4 missed facetime calls at 3 am.....SMH. So I will hit the block button myself.

You all have suggested great reading materials which I do want to check out. I think I just feel so overwhelmed by life right now----the divorce, work, my health...even without M in my world, it's like ok, add one more thing to the pile. But I will keep trying.....
Line in bold above...THIS is malignant narcissism and misogyny at its worst. It’s a mindset that a lot of rapists share.

Is that what you want in your life????
Old 06-10-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good lord. No wonder your head is spinning. I'm truly sorry Maddoc, that this man is in your life. Yes he's a liar. Whether that is some kind of personality disorder or just plain old alcoholism and living in his own world, who is to say. Regardless of the reason he is not ok. Not even a little bit. His world is an absolute mess. He probably, himself, doesn't know the truth from one hour to the next. When he lies to you maybe that is the truth to him at the time. Which is worse I wonder, someone who just lies or someone who is so delusional that lies become real? Either is toxic.

Compulsive lying is a disorder, delusions, narcissism, sociopathy etc etc all disorders. Do you want a partner with toxic disorders? Forget the alcoholism! This is way way beyond that, although much of it may be caused by that, or increased it for him, these problems he has are HUGE. You cannot deal with them, you cannot help him (unless you are a licensed psychiatrist and even then it would be years of work!).

Maybe if you try to look at it that way. Not as a guy you love with a pretty big alcohol problem that he might want to overcome and as a guy with so many issues they all meld in to one big disaster, that might be helpful in separating yourself from him. There is nothing there for you. For him this is all about him, period.

Again, I am so sorry you ran in to him and that you have been hurt.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maddoc78 View Post
He has reached out. Basically sayign how heartbroken he is....how much he will miss me. how really we could continue to be together. which my response was, WTF? YOU are heartbroken? YOU are the one doing this! YOU are the one who lied. But, it isn't all him...I share the blame as well. I think I always knew he hadn't really filed. And I figured I could ignore it and just deal with it when my divorce came through and he obviously was not any further in his process. he basically said he still wants to meet up for sex and I told him nope, I don't do that....and he said well then I need to block you because no one tells me no when I want to **** them. So I said fine. As my uncle once said (he is in recovery and actually works as a counselor at an in patient facility), "if you want to hook up with a middle aged alcoholic, it isn't hard, just go to any bar any night of the week."

He obviously didn't block me because I woke up to 4 missed facetime calls at 3 am.....SMH. So I will hit the block button myself.
I have been away from this site for a while and just dropped in to read - don't know your back story but the statement above jumped out. It's not a red flag, it's a house on fire. "Nobody tells me no when I want to **** them"? That's what a rapist says. In fact, really no one except a rapist says things like that. What more would need to happen for you to stop reaching out, answering the calls, discussing your emotions, etc with this person?

I have a teenage daughter and if I ever learned that a man had said something like that to her, I would be on the phone to the police.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Maddoc------I sent you a PM (private message). Check in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Dandylion---- Just sent you a new PM as well. Thanks in advance.....
Old 06-12-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hope you are doing alright Maddoc and putting together some days of no contact. I hope in the future that you will find some of the reasons behind your attraction for this guy.