I've been here...

Old 12-01-2004, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been here...

I have been here reading posts on the forum for almost 3 years and stayed silent all that time. Tonight, with my bad english, I want to say thank you
to everyone who are sharing their thoughts here because it helped me a lot even if i'm not out of trouble.

I can't sleep, my boyfriend is in jail tonight because I didn't want to stay silent this time. Tomorrow, he will come back with the police, grab a few things and go for a 30 day therapy (he's supposed to be there since sunday but had always good reasons to delay). What is going to happen in 30 days? I'm too shaky tonight to anticipate so far.

It's ok that I called the spousal abuse home tonight and it's ok that they called the police. The medicine taste bad and is not easy to swallow but it's medicine...

somewhere in "la belle province" , ancolie
Old 12-01-2004, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Salut, ancolie, et bienvenue Ã* Sober Recovery!

I don't know what will happen in 30 days, I'm afraid. It all depends whether your b/f wants to commit to putting a stop to his drinking. But I'm sure you know that already.

Are there any al-anon meetings near you? If I were in your situation, I would spend the 30 days working on ME, so that I was prepared for when he came home.

Keep coming back here in the next month. We're all here to help.

Love

Minnie
xxxx
Old 12-02-2004, 12:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Originally Posted by ancolie
I have been here reading posts on the forum for almost 3 years and stayed silent all that time.
Hello Old Friend,

3 years is a long time to go without saying hello...please dont wait another 3 to tell us how you are doing.

Ancolie, all we have-all we will leave this earth with, is our stories. Our personal life experience. When I was taught that my story could help someone in ways sometimes more powerful than medicine, it made looking back a lot easier.

You see it is my sorrow, pain, hurt and dissapointments that another can identify with. And with identification comes the realization that I am not alone.

And as long as I'm not alone...as long as there is just one other human being that I can connect with, I have hope.

I thought I saw you peeking around the corner back in 2001!

Welcome Home (again)
Old 12-02-2004, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi ancolie,
Welcome. I am glad that you decided to share. I personally don't care what kind of english you have, the language of love prevails here. If you feel like sharing, we'll figure it out. Reaching out is a big first step. I hope you continue. You are always welcome here. Hugs, Magic
Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you everyone ! it's peaceful here today and i'm feeling not so bad. Many people called me today, they were worried because I live on main street and they saw the police cars and well, the arrest was on local radio news....Smalltown PQ....grrr... so I think I can forget my low profile strategy ...

bye , I have to read the night story Ã* mes deux petits soleils.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Definitely forget your low profile strategy.
I'm glad you said hi.
Don't be a stranger.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dan

Bonne nuit a tes deux petits soleils ancolie.
Et a toi aussi.
I'm from the big town in PQ.
Bienvenue.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ancolie

Welcome to another Canadian. I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows, the light is much better in here. I volunteer at a Womens' Home so I can relate to how you feel. It took real courage to report this, and took courage to come here and share it. Take back your life, Ancolie, and learn to live again. You're already half way there.

Hugs
Ann