EXAH quit fatherhood during lock down..

Old 03-23-2020, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

EXAH quit fatherhood during lock down..

Not complaining. Definitely better for kids not going back and forth between parents homes during lock down. I'm just stunned... Absolutely no contact with his kids for a month.. Or more. Hasn't even answered texts about arranging Skype calls..
Old 03-23-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
Not complaining. Definitely better for kids not going back and forth between parents homes during lock down. I'm just stunned... Absolutely no contact with his kids for a month.. Or more. Hasn't even answered texts about arranging Skype calls..
This is very good for any custody challenges you have in the future, although it's tragic for the kids who can take it hard when parents just cut off contact.

Mr Milano will have trouble being self-righteous about wanting more time with the kids.

How are you all going with the lock-down? I'm getting out for an early morning run or a quick visit to the supermarket but I don't have stir-crazy kids to cope with.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
This is very good for any custody challenges you have in the future, although it's tragic for the kids who can take it hard when parents just cut off contact.

Mr Milano will have trouble being self-righteous about wanting more time with the kids.

How are you all going with the lock-down? I'm getting out for an early morning run or a quick visit to the supermarket but I don't have stir-crazy kids to cope with.
I used to be a nanny/housekeeper so being stuck At home with kids isn't unbearably. I was just expecting the complete opposite. I'm also working remotely, just video conferences mostly but work is amazing, very supportive bunch. The isolation is tough cos I'm in Oz and my whole family is in Ireland, but I've had a year of isolation already... I worry more about others.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

The isolation is tough cos I'm in Oz and my whole family is in Ireland, but I've had a year of isolation already... I worry more about others.
Yeah I know what you mean. My 92 yo Mum is in supported accommodation in Victoria and I was going to fly over to spend some time with her, at a distance, but they have banned interstate travel. Even if she gets sick there's little I can do as I won't be allowed near her anyway. So far so good with the Care Facility though and the staff have been amazing.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. My 92 yo Mum is in supported accommodation in Victoria and I was going to fly over to spend some time with her, at a distance, but they have banned interstate travel. Even if she gets sick there's little I can do as I won't be allowed near her anyway. So far so good with the Care Facility though and the staff have been amazing.
Yeah, sometimes you just have accept that there's nothing we can do for our families. But I guess we've all done that already with alcoholic exes.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I was pretty much abandoned as a kid by both my parents. Long sad story.

Deep down inside, I hate them for this, but at least they both expressed remorse and asked me to let the past go.

I forgave them, but I can't forget. I expect nothing from them now and would likely offer some, but not an overwhelming amount of support if they ever needed it.

Both have more money than they need, so any support will likely be when they are very old and likely,senile.

Yay!

It could always be worse.

Thanks.