he goes to the pub in the midst of a pandemic

Old 03-13-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

he goes to the pub in the midst of a pandemic

Absolute ******* he is! I have a baby to protect and I'm stressed out my nut about this coronavirus stuff- but he has the nerve to go to the pub and then GASLIGHT me ... "you're too stressed out with all of this " yeah it's called being in the midst of a major global health crisis. Where is your support you reckless *******! So selfish! Not even the threat of the coronavirus will stop him! Willy nilly off to the pub with drunkards during a pandemic!!! Please help calm my nerves.... feeling very low and very tired tonight
Old 03-13-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Surfbee. That would drive me up a wall, too.

As always, acceptance is key. Accepting that this is who he is. Empowering yourself with that acceptance and knowledge as you move forward to make the the best decisions for yourself and your baby.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Sparklekitty. I tried to order food online but no deliveries until next week. It's scary all of this...worse because he's not on the same page as me

But what you said helps.... X
Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry too, that's got to be so frustrating.

All you can do is keep your distance from him, you and the baby?
Old 03-13-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes 100% keeping my distance at home. Didn't want to go to my mum's as she's high risk due to underlying health conditions and decided to self isolate.... I'm pretty sure I'm ok so won't take anything to her but who knows?? Not a risk I want to take with my mum. I told A to keep away from us and disinfect everything he touches. ******* honestly....trying to keep calm.x
Old 03-13-2020, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He's bringing his other kids to the house tomorrow (and every sat).... I really don't want to be near them either !
Old 03-15-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, you could start coughing a lot while they're around next time.

Sorry, slightly punchy right now. I woke up with a sore throat and chills last week but no fever. Occasional cough but it's now gone. However, my doctor advised me to get a test... but there are no tests! And she doesn't want me to stop isolation until I test negative but how can I do that if there are no tests?

At least the pubs in Ireland are going to be closed for the time being. I hope the UK follows suit soon.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Puzzled heart, how are you feeling now? Crazy world right now. Hope you're doing ok and feeling better? Hope everyone is ok x
Old 03-18-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Surfbee, thanks so much for asking! My family and I got tested, but we're still waiting for the results. I am actually feeling much better, but we're nervous of course. The isolation in this one room does get to me, so driving to the test site ironically felt like freedom. These are strange days.

How are you?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Surfbee, thanks so much for asking! My family and I got tested, but we're still waiting for the results. I am actually feeling much better, but we're nervous of course. The isolation in this one room does get to me, so driving to the test site ironically felt like freedom. These are strange days.

How are you?
Puzzledheart, I'm so glad to hear you feel better! Yes, isolation will be really hard. Even if we're natural fans of solitude, it feels very different when restrictions are forced upon us like this. Strange days indeed.... the week before this all happened, I hired a babysitter to help a couple of days a week - to give me space to work - but now I can't risk her coming. ... also, not being able to visit my parents is really difficult. A is back to being nicey-nicey but I don't expect that to last. Thank god for the internet. Keep us posted on how you get on x
Old 03-23-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Funny you should post today. Got negative results! Still waiting for the rest of the family but being hopeful.

I hear you on not being able to visit the parents. I'm hoping when the weather gets warmer we can all visit each other outside and maintain social distancing.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The A did the samething here and bragged about it amid the news that many communities were closing bars. A half century old man sounded like a teenage boy boasting about what they got away with. Then he got frustrated when they started closing more places and got miffed when a friend wouldn't let him into his business which was supposed to closed and cleaned. The sense of entitlement even in times like these is digusting but not surprising.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My SOB went out twice this week to get hooch, putting me and our four kids at risk.