He’s Gone Now

Old 03-05-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m very sorry for your loss. My daughter too lost her father to alcoholism. She is older than your kids (she’s a teenager), and her father and I had been divorced for several years. But I will never forget going to her room at midnight to wake her up and tell her that her father was dead and we needed to go to the hospital to say goodbye to his body. I still remember the moment just before I woke her, thinking “I’m about to do something that will change her life forever”.

If there’s a grief support group for kids anywhere near you, that might be a good resource. My daughter went to one, and there were children as young as four years old. Your kids are probably going to have trouble believing that it’s real, and skilled professionals can help with that.

I’m very sorry for both of you.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending peaceful thoughts and loving light to you and your littles.

Last edited by alwayscovering; 03-06-2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: deleted an unnecessary word
Old 03-06-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reneevc View Post
My ex-AH died yesterday (see my precious posts). Our divorce was final not even 2 weeks ago. None of this feels real. I’ve never experienced any pain that comes remotely close to this. Last night I had to tell our 2 children, age 3 and 6, that their Daddy would not be coming home from the hospital. They don’t even know we were divorced. When they’re older all of this information will be shared. Divorce, and the actual cause of their fathers death. But right now it feels like my whole world is spinning into oblivion.
Hi Renee

I'm so sorry for the pain that you and your children are going through - I cant personally understand but just know that so many people here care and are here to talk and offer support if you ever need it 💛