For those on the "letting go" of an addict journey

Old 02-23-2020, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

For those on the "letting go" of an addict journey

Taylor Swift, "I forgot that you existed"

it isn't love. It isn't hate. It's just indifference.

https://youtu.be/KCIKbE_N_DU

Indifferent: having or showing no partiality, bias, or preference; neutral.

Indifference of what I can't control allows me time, focus and energy put towards allowing my life to grow in magnificent ways. Baby steps. One day at a time.

#thankyougod
#taylorswiftappreciation
#newday
Old 02-23-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Putting down the intent of starting three businesses this year. I've started/owned a business before. Putting my skills to use in new yet familiar ways always feels good! I may as well reach high as long as I'm stepping back to clearly see the path I'm choosing.

Prayer, meditation, recovery first. I trust in the rest coming easily into place as I'm ready for it --- or maybe simply "as the right businesses/timing" are ready for me.

Family friendly. Allowing me time to be a mom. I've experienced miracles and believe in them.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I'm understanding you correctly mango, I also have a small business and am incorporating a "letting go" of sorts in my recovery effort.

I provide a very specialized service which I love. Unfortunately, many of my potential customers have unrealistic expectations and their project is clearly going to be very challenging with little chance of being worth the effort financially speaking, and the customer will only be unhappy in the end no matter how perfectly the project turns out. I am really trying to be better about letting go of these projects before I become entangled in them as I value my time with family much more than trying to make some PITA customer happy over a job in which I am being paid peanuts.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mango,
Indifference is exactly what I'm working toward when it comes to my EXABF. Just like with any addiction I falter but I'm determined to pick myself up dust myself off. I've been no contact it's the working toward Indifference in my own mind that I struggle with sometimes.
Thanks for the Taylor Swift quote 😊