SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Guess what? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/445620-guess-what.html)

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 10:29 AM

Guess what?

He’s drinking again. Lol. Go figure. 🤷*♀️. He got in touch with me because his sisters wanted him to talk to his elderly father to move in with them. None of my business but later on he got in touch again and he was drunk. Just can’t handle any emotional pressure. Lol. He thinks he’s got a handle on it. But, I have no worries about this now, I’m free of it.

dandylion 02-09-2020 10:44 AM

DandC…….while it is disappointing...it is never surprising when an alcoholic relapses....
Aren't you sooo grateful to be detached from the situation?!

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 7379535)
DandC…….while it is disappointing...it is never surprising when an alcoholic relapses....
Aren't you sooo grateful to be detached from the situation?!

yes, yes and yes! Of course he denied he had been drinking but this time I could care less!

trailmix 02-09-2020 10:58 AM

That is a shame but without any kind of support this will probably continue. It's very difficult to change without that support.

I'm glad you are doing pretty well and I'm really glad you aren't having to deal with that anymore dazed!

https://i.postimg.cc/1RGwRggB/freedom-the-carousel.jpg

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by trailmix (Post 7379543)
That is a shame but without any kind of support this will probably continue. It's very difficult to change without that support.

I'm glad you are doing pretty well and I'm really glad you aren't on that ride anymore dazed!

oh my gosh, yes trail. Remember the horror of last summer? Breaking windows, walking out the door naked, bottles, verbal abuse, police, hospitals??? Surprising he has kept it together this long...

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by trailmix (Post 7379543)

I'm glad you are doing pretty well and I'm really glad you aren't having to deal with that anymore dazed!

https://i.postimg.cc/1RGwRggB/freedom-the-carousel.jpg

love this image...love it!

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 11:21 AM

Most surprising to me is the way I feel. When he was around drinking, I actually physically hurt! He would drink, I’d get sick. Not feeling that now. 👍👑🤗

maia1234 02-09-2020 01:29 PM

So proud of you Dazed. See how far you have come!! Not your circus, not your monkeys!!! Celebrate your freedom!!

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by maia1234 (Post 7379642)
So proud of you Dazed. See how far you have come!! Not your circus, not your monkeys!!! Celebrate your freedom!!

it comes and goes but yes! Not my circus not my monkey!

Hawkeye13 02-09-2020 06:40 PM

See, it wasn’t your marriage but his addiction.

I’m really glad you are having a healthy response to this—the hard recovery work you’ve done and are still doing is really shining through DC :grouphug:

Dazedandconfus 02-09-2020 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 7379808)
See, it wasn’t your marriage but his addiction.

I’m really glad you are having a healthy response to this—the hard recovery work you’ve done and are still doing is really shining through DC :grouphug:

you’re right! Any recovery work I exhibit is because I have the best of the best supporting me and held me up ( in your case in real time!) during the worst of it. Mass respect hawk. ❤️

HardLessons 02-10-2020 09:04 AM

From what I read above I dont think you are either dazed or confused anymore.

I am still hard lessons but thats a different story,

Glad your doing ok D&C

Hawkeye13 02-10-2020 10:06 AM

Thanks DC--it's truly a team effort here and I learn so much everyday from our collective experience and hope.

I agree with HL that you are neither dazed nor confused any longer, and maybe you might think about a new "handle" for yourself on the list.

You're excellent with language--any ideas?

Dazedandconfus 02-11-2020 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by HardLessons (Post 7380222)
From what I read above I dont think you are either dazed or confused anymore.

I am still hard lessons but thats a different story,

Glad your doing ok D&C

means a lot hL. Thanks for checking in. I remember one response from you that made me think, now there is a REAL man. All the best, d&c

Dazedandconfus 02-11-2020 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 7380241)
Thanks DC--it's truly a team effort here and I learn so much everyday from our collective experience and hope.

I agree with HL that you are neither dazed nor confused any longer, and maybe you might think about a new "handle" for yourself on the list.

You're excellent with language--any ideas?

hmmm. Gonna think in this...❤️👍💯👑

Dazedandconfus 02-11-2020 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus (Post 7380864)

hmmm. Gonna think in this...❤️👍💯👑

I’m leaning towards Queen of a lot...lol

Hawkeye13 02-11-2020 01:57 PM

Queen OfaLot :)

By the way, is he still calling you for emotional rescue or has he realized that's above your pay grade now?

JamieLee 02-11-2020 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus (Post 7379567)
Most surprising to me is the way I feel. When he was around drinking, I actually physically hurt! He would drink, I’d get sick. Not feeling that now. 👍👑🤗

It's funny, I get that feeling too, even if I'm at work away, I mentally feel a "fog" come over me...

Dazedandconfus 02-12-2020 12:12 PM

Hawk, he tries to pull me into his drama, but I make it short and sweet. As I stated previously, we were always good friends, and far be it from me, to make his life harder than it is. Simply put: I choose not to be drawn into it...

Hawkeye13 02-12-2020 12:36 PM

Well done on your part for both of you!

I hope he chooses to get back on the wagon and just deal with life on life's terms again.

Meanwhile, keep packing for that lovely farm.
Did you finally choose a place yet?

Dazedandconfus 02-12-2020 01:29 PM

Oh Hawk, I found the loveliest home with a lake and a nice area in the back for my dad with a separate entrance and a small kitchenette for his privacy. Its 8 acres amongst the tall trees....I imagine myself finding serenity and peace of mind there. God willing, it will be. All in God's time and will. Hugs to you very big!!

HardLessons 02-13-2020 10:40 AM

D&C

Please remember I need my own bathroom preferably with a window which overlooks the tall trees. Everything else sounds perfect.

Thanks

Hawkeye13 02-13-2020 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by HardLessons (Post 7382369)
D&C

Please remember I need my own bathroom preferably with a window which overlooks the tall trees. Everything else sounds perfect.

Thanks

Sorry HL, I got first dibs on the solo bathroom.
You'll have to share ;)

DC, it sounds so beautiful. I really hope it happens for you and your father :)

Dazedandconfus 02-13-2020 01:28 PM

Lol, well HL, a ride on lawn mower comes with the place, separate bathroom requires mowed grass....:grouphug:

Dazedandconfus 02-13-2020 01:29 PM

Actually you would both be very very welcome. I'll even cook for you!

hopeful4 02-13-2020 01:49 PM

This all sounds amazing Dazed! Praying it all comes together for you!!!

Sasha1972 02-14-2020 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus (Post 7381699)
Oh Hawk, I found the loveliest home with a lake and a nice area in the back for my dad with a separate entrance and a small kitchenette for his privacy. Its 8 acres amongst the tall trees....I imagine myself finding serenity and peace of mind there. God willing, it will be. All in God's time and will. Hugs to you very big!!

That sounds beautiful! Congratulations!

Hawkeye13 02-14-2020 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus (Post 7382468)
Actually you would both be very very welcome. I'll even cook for you!

I’m totally in for that!
I retire next June so will be traveling around US and would love to meet. Let’s plan on it :)

Dazedandconfus 02-14-2020 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 7382998)
I’m totally in for that!
I retire next June so will be traveling around US and would love to meet. Let’s plan on it :)

Homemade yummies coming up!! :c011:

HardLessons 02-15-2020 03:36 AM

D&C

I have this woman who has been in my life. I dont talk to her anymore but she pops up now & then. If she popped up at your new place would she also be welcome?

I may have mentioned something about her here on SR but not sure LOL.

Just checking Thanks