# 41 (permalink)  

Excellent progress 2020!
Old 02-08-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Hawkeye! That made me smile!
Old 02-28-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Six weeks apart!

I wanted to give an update. It’s been 6 weeks since my alcoholic partner moved out. Other than driving by him once, I have not seen him. The last text was 3 weeks ago. I feel really good about this being it. I was so afraid I’d take him back, but I don’t feel that anymore. I find myself repeating the three Cs a lot. I also remind myself that even if he were in the house with me, I would still feel alone. I still haven’t told many people. People probably know...it’s a small town and he’s a native, but I haven’t been talking. I do know he’s been drinking a lot. It’s heartbreaking that he’s hurting himself, but I know I can’t fix it. His last text said I was the only one he could talk to...I didn’t respond. It was difficult not to respond, but I knew I couldn’t because I would have been sucked back into the miserable cycle. Thank you again for all your support and wisdom. I really think I’ve only been able to do this because of all the insight you provide either on my thread or others. My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling and trying to get out of a bad relationship with an alcoholic. It’s a lot and am hoping the best for all of you.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey congrats on six weeks. To me it felt very similar to how alcoholics put time together with out drinking.

It did take way longer than I wanted to feel normal but it really was the only way.

Are you doing anything in particular to take care of yourself?
Old 02-28-2020, 09:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi 2020!! I've just read this whole story and I wanted to say congratulations. You go girl!
Old 02-29-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You've been amazingly strong! It's hard when someone reaches out in pain wanting you to take it away to not respond. Excellent progress for your sake and for his
Old 02-29-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Bekindalways , thanks and yes, I have been making sure to do things for me. I go to the gym regularly. I actually joined a new gym last month so I could have a new experience. I find myself listening to ‘codependency no more’ while I’m on the treadmill. As I mention a lot in my posts, her words really help me keep things in perspective. I also rearranged some furniture in my house. May not seem like much, but reclaiming the space as mine and seeing the room differently makes me feel good. I have spent more times with friends that I haven’t seen in awhile. I didn’t realize how much I had pulled away from people. I had really turned into a home body. Lastly, I bought myself a hyacinth from Trader Joe’s for my birthday which was last week. I’m in cold snowy weather so watching it bloom has been nice!