Marijuana legal where you live? Did your A use it?

Old 01-20-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Marijuana legal where you live? Did your A use it?

Marijuana is now legal in my state, and I was wondering if anyone else’s A’s also use(d) marijuana? At the time, I didn’t comment much on it, but the smell was strong anytime I was over at his place (he never did in in front of me, but didn’t hide it either). I thought, well at least it’s not alcohol. Now that I’ve read up on this though, I realize that it can be a gateway back into drinking. Just wondered if anyone else had any insight into how it went for those alcoholics that tried it - if you noticed it causing issues or if it seemed to help in some cases?
Old 01-20-2020, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm an alcoholic but I was a pot head too - I let both destroy my life...same need for escape, same secrecy, same avoiding responsibility, same obsession with wanting some or getting some, same belligerence when someone got on my case about it.

I understand there are medical applications and it's a boon to some - but not to me.

Legal doesn't always mean good IMO.

D
Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for that insight Dee74 - it’s kind of what I suspected, as I began to notice some of the same behaviors occurring but was never able to tell if it was due to the weed, if he was drinking too, or some combo of both. I agree, legal doesn’t mean good. It’s so odd to walk around and just see people smoking it - I wonder if more and more adults in the future will really have issues from it due to how readily available it is in some places now. Everyone says oh it’s not addictive, but it’s a mind altering substance.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I smoked it for 30 yrs - it was plenty addictive for me.

D