Christmas fallout

Old 01-04-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas fallout

Christmas fallout hits hard.
As I was trying to manage dynamics on Xmas day, it seems I was not paying sister-in-law enough attention. Although I did go to sit with her several times to talk, and interrupted her solitary phone browsing session.
Family member who fell over and passed out on Xmas day rang 2 nights ago to say he was worried about me ... crying through sips of his wine ... so Ive gone low contact on that one.
DSs are now expressing sadness about 2 parties living under the same roof - me and DSs, and AH.
Found out AH told someone he has more rights in the house as he earns more.
It's all coming to a head.
Off to see counsellor to talk through my best exit strategy.
The thread about 'blindsiding' partner when finally divorcing/separating really resonated.
Feeling quite numb.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wombaticus…….could it be that you have finally reached your point of diminishing returns?
Old 01-04-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity
To Accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And Wisdom to know the difference.

Toxic families can be hard to navigate. Allowing our healthy gut instinct to nourish and guide us can make life much easier.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wombaticus,

Sorry for the upsetting christmas day. That is a day where people should be happy and filled with joy. Sounds like you were anything but filled with joy. It good that your seaking help with this divorce/separation. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. I will pray for you. Try and be strong in all of the mess. It will get better.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

W,
Good for you that you have a real person to talk things through. The process is painful and takes a lot of bends and turns before you get to your final destination. Keep following the path and who knows where you will land. Take your time and make calculated decisions. You are doing great, you will be ok, him, not so sure!! Hugs
Old 01-05-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Christmas is overrated, but at least this time it served to clarify some things for you. I know you had hopes for everything working out and I'm sorry.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Wombaticus…….could it be that you have finally reached your point of diminishing returns?
Thanks Dandy. Yes, i think you may be right. (With bonus economics lesson thrown in lol).
Old 01-06-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
W,
Good for you that you have a real person to talk things through. The process is painful and takes a lot of bends and turns before you get to your final destination. Keep following the path and who knows where you will land. Take your time and make calculated decisions. You are doing great, you will be ok, him, not so sure!! Hugs
Have an appt on Thurs. I can trust him. Feels like I can't trust some people I used to. Maybe that's because I am growing in some way ... accepting less, standing up for myself more.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Christmas is overrated, but at least this time it served to clarify some things for you. I know you had hopes for everything working out and I'm sorry.
Just feeling so, so sad. Sometimes life is unpredictable.

​She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.
Elizabeth Edwards​​​​​​

Reminds me of sailing as a kid. Some days i was cold, wet, hating it and in tears. But it would pass, and I would be warm and dry afterwards.