The 3 stooges.......

Old 01-02-2020, 04:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Had an ex-BF call my mother after we broke up, telling her i was severely depressed. She called me to check.
I felt quite violated ... and being treated like i was about 14 yrs old. I was about 27 at the time.
soooo many stooges out there, all slapping the backs of each other's heads and protesting about it.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Exactly Wombaticus - yeah, like you, I feel violated. Actually I feel all sorts of feelings from anger to disgust. The friends I have shared this say... “what!? You broke up with her 9 months ago. It’s so oddly strange... no one does that.” HAHA!

Then, I nod and say... well try breaking up with a controlling alcoholic! So she can’t control me anymore, well she’ll control my family!

It’s disgusting honestly.

I just want this nightmare to stop — but I can’t make her go away!!

Old 01-02-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear NYC
It's strange how the holidays always bring sickos out of the woodwork, even though you didn't spend them with those people.
The phenomenon you are describing with the three stooges is called "triangulation." "Birds of a feather" is also coming into play.

By the way, it sounds like these "stooges," unlike their namesakes, are not funny at all.

I don't want to give unwanted advice here, but my personal experience with my estranged family of origin might help a little. I remember the day I decided to unhook the buttons they were pushing. After that, they had no power over my emotions. I no longer got mad, I was just indifferent.

Today, I really don't give a sh*t over anything they say about me. What they think about me is none of my business. I am just grateful to be free of their little mind control cult.

We have NO control over what others do or don't do. We DO have control over our response to their unwanted stimuli.