Old 12-30-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Resolve and Resolute

What is your New Year's Resolution?

What are you doing for yourself?

Last edited by oddsunflower; 12-30-2019 at 07:56 AM. Reason: too many details
Old 12-30-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First Happy Birthday!, Second I hope you do something for yourself today with no guilt or even thoughts of others expectations, even if it's just a long drive alone to your favorite music! Third I hope you do something for yourself every single day for the year 2020 with no guilt or thoughts of others expectations no matter how small of a thing it is. That is my birthday wish for you. Much love another year is a blessing!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OSF, I'm very sorry that your family is behaving this way on your birthday. It would be nice if any of them managed to remember that this is your day. At the very least, you can remember it yourself.

Please don't let them make you feel bad for having wants and needs that do not always align with theirs. You have a choice here. Remember that you are a whole person who is allowed to have feelings that other people might not like. You are not responsible for their responses. You are only responsible for yourself.

You do not have to please others--not on your birthday or any other day. If other people want something different then what you want, then they can figure out how to deal with their disappointment on their own. That's what being a person is.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnrising View Post
First Happy Birthday!, Second I hope you do something for yourself today with no guilt or even thoughts of others expectations, even if it's just a long drive alone to your favorite music! Third I hope you do something for yourself every single day for the year 2020 with no guilt or thoughts of others expectations no matter how small of a thing it is. That is my birthday wish for you. Much love another year is a blessing!
Thank you for your kind words! I am going to take a little time outside today and maybe a little drive to the mountains to see the snow....
or maybe I will just cuddle up with my furbabies and watch a movie
Old 12-30-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happy birthday!

Happy New Year!

Resolutions:

Take very good care of myself and DS13. Enjoy life. Either buy or build a house.

I like my rental cabin. I'm ready for more.