so I am closer to the light at the end of the tunnel...

Old 07-02-2002, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb so I am closer to the light at the end of the tunnel...

Hello all you wonderful people!
I have spent my spare time coming here and trying to get used to this new software.

I've been trying to get my thoughts together too. I need you all and your opinions....

Among that I have met someone and am trying real hard NOT to push a good thing away.

He's tall dark and handsome, talks to me like I am somebody and doesn't like going too long without seeing me or my daughter. I feel so overwhelmed it has scared me.

It is akward...I haven't been with or talked to anyone in almost 9 years other than my A. I feel like something inside of me is opening up for the first time. It scares me...

Still no other word from my A, the only thing holding me back is the fact I have no way of getting into contact with him to get his stuff. Thats all it is though is stuff and it can be boxed up and kept out of my sight.

I like the person I met alot. Totally opposite of my A..but here again, no drug use, but "some" drinking. Seems like a social drinker. I just don't know. It does not make me uncomfortable at all, like it did with my A.

I hope I don't push him away...by being afraid...I don't want too...its all new to me and scary.

Anyone else go through this?

Geeze...other than that I have been striving towards what I want. That is the most important part.

Doing what makes me happy...I couldn't have made it this far without you all.

Love yall!
Old 07-02-2002, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

Hey Bonbon!

It's great that you're meeting new people. If this guy is a good as he seems, he'll understand your need to not rush even a good thing. You're a whole different person from the last time you were single. It's good to know just who that is before you let her dive headfirst into another committed relationship. Remember that list of all the things love is... it starts with "love is patient...". Steady as she goes!

"Love is patient; love is kind...
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things. "
1 Corinthians 13:4,7 (NRSV)

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-02-2002, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Bonbon

You are wise to proceed with caution, just remember to be YOU and make sure that you have many good things in your life, not just a person. Hang on to your heart and if he is as good as he sounds, he will be patient and let you move at your own speed.

Things that I think help are meeting his friends and having him meet your friends. That often tells you things that being alone does not. And give yourself time to heal and love yourself first.
I know it is hard not to be cynical, especially after all you have been through. And look ahead - do you share similar interests? Is he willing to let you have your own space when you need it? Does he like to have FUN? And very important...is he kind and sincere with your daughter?

Well that is quite the checklist...sorry...but your happiness is in your hands, and you deserve to be happy!!!

And one last thing - does he have bunny slippers? That is a sure sign!!!

Have fun, enjoy yourself and be happy.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Bonbon,

I've missed you while I was away. It sounds like i've missed alot. I'm sooooooooo happy for you because you deserve happiness in your life. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone. I find that it helps ease the pain and helps me move toward the future even if that person isn't part of my future it's my HP's way of helping me let go and move past and maybe that's why the two of you have found each other.

Since my husband and I have split I have realized how much I enjoy my freedom and being alone. I never have been one to enjoy being by myself but now I enjoy it tremendously. Don't get me wrong I enjoy being with other people too but now can enjoy being with just ME.

Take things slowly - don't rush into anything. Just enjoy being with someone that can give something in return. I'm so happy for you and proud of you. I'm glad that you now can see light at the end of the tunnel. I just knew you would get there.

Love Ya,
Galnva