HOW - Honest Open Willing

Old 07-24-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

HOW - Honest Open Willing

Good vibes, prayers or any kind of positive support please!!

My chosen recovery home base is in a city with many active 12 step groups, many double/triple winners (people who have recovery from more than one aspect of addiction/dysfunction) and great hope.

One of the concepts greatly embraced is being honest, open and willing.

Today I have an appointment with my husband and an addictions therapist. CPS has requested I have another appointment with them. The first was while my husband was in recovery. Now he has relapsed. Let go and let God. I can show up. I can connect with healthy people through this day.

Each day is a new day.

Prayer: "God/Great Spirit/Universe, please give me eyes to see and ears to hear. Please guide my thoughts, my words, my actions.

Thank you for this day."

I'm reaching out here and into my wider support network of Al-Anon, victim's advocates and friends who understand addiction. My goal is to prevent my own relapse! I don't know what's best for my husband or others. There are many paths to recovery. My focus is:

Honesty.

Kindness for self and others, in this order. I have been greatly injured by this family disease of alcoholism and the great dysfunction in my FOO. My first responsibility is to my own recovery.

Along the lines of not knowing what is best for another, I had a very clarifying conversation yesterday with a victim's advocate in regards to steps forward with the CPS case. My best response to dealing with bullies has been to retreat. That is okay! I have a voice and can use it in healthy ways, as needed and is beneficial.

I now have a game plan of how to approach the next therapy appointment I have with DS12, with goals of supporting him, allowing clarity, focus and taking more of an active role in bringing Alateen/Al-Anon principles to the one hour session.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way, Mango!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Always best wishes Mango. Hope all comes out for highest good
Old 07-24-2019, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Tough day.

My husband is in rough shape. I offered to drive him to the ER and sit with him there. I also called 911 to call for help and subsequently to report him for drunk driving when he drove away.

Earlier he wasn't at the appointment we had scheduled with his addiction recovery counselor. I attended it myself.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending much love & support your way tonight, Mango
Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, everyone!

My mantra for today, taken from another thread I had posted a while back:

Mantra:

I allow serenity, peace and harmony to guide my day. I enjoy physically and emotionally safe, supporting environments.

I received support today in many ways, including reaching out to the local mental health unit at the hospital.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Serenity can be consciously cultivated, if you are willing to make simple, life-enhancing choices."

"tap into the wisdom of the body for healing and stress relief"

"Stress comes from resistance; serenity is being in the natural flow of life."

- Candy Paull

I'm reading "The Heart of Abundance" again. Among the many beautiful quotes Candy Paull gathered together, it's her own words that are especially what I need.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Late night meditating after a bit of late night cleaning. Wednesday is hard for me for reflecting on. There is so much that happened internally with me in that one day.

It's hard to not have support of family members. I'm thankful for insightful support in many other places - friends in my community, victim's advocates, Al-Anon mentors, etc.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry things have taken a turn for the worse with your husband Mango. Sending you lots of positivity & strength today!!

Old 11-30-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Since this, above, I keep moving ahead one day at a time.

I continue meditating, planning my life in ways that are best for myself and DS12, I trust Universe/God in the timing of all this, including how the CPS case works out.

I would like to buy a home. Or two.

I have land in one state, where my roots are. DS12 is living in another state and I'm exploring home ownership options there.

I'm open to options that allow what's in DS12's best life route and my quickest, easiest CPS, financial and long-term successes. In that order!

The quickest way to buy a home in the other state could be too sell our property. So far, whenever I meditate and pray about it, it seems really important in regards to DS12 for me to keep the land. It's just property, yet it has very, very special ties for DS12.

More will be revealed. One foot in front of the other!!