Can I ramble here for a minute?

Old 10-22-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I ramble here for a minute?

I got so mad last night. Mad like I haven't been in months and it didn't go well. I was able to keep cool and didn't raise my voice but my point was heard and no further words were said.
I was getting ready to take DS to practice. AH says, "I will just stay here with the dogs. Me and T (my dog) can drink some beer. You know your dogs likes beer too." I saw red in my mind and was thinking about the hole I want to dig............I told him that he better not be giving my dog beer. That if he wants to kill himself slowly with alcohol, by all means, go for it. But if I ever found out he gave my dog even a lick of a beer can, I was done. Finished. He could pick his things up at the sheriff station. He told me I was "overreacting" (classic) but after that he got sheepish and just went to sleep. I know some of this anger was misplaced and I am not sure if he has ever really given the dog beer or he just thought it was a funny thing to say at the moment. I am just tired of the nonsense and I cannot wait to finally escape his crazy.....countdown to June is on.....
Old 10-22-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I would be furious, too! I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as you, though. Do.not.mess.with.my.dogs!!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oddsunflower,
I going to believe it was to get a rise out of you. He can't do much, so he tries to attack you any way he can. If I found out someone had given my dog Moby beeer I would be livid. I think you handled it fine. Hope the rest of your night goes better.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He may very well have given your dog beer and based on your reaction realized it wasn't the funny cool thing he thought it was at the time (while drunk). There is no way to get an honest answer out of him at this point because he knows you feel strongly about it he will lie if he had done it.
I remember in college a fraternity had a dog that the guys had given all sorts of mind altering substances to, including alcohol. I felt awful for it but it was the meanest dog (probably because of what they had done to it) and I knew if I turned them in he would have been put down and at 19 I decided to let it be. That may have been the wrong choice but it's the one I live with.
The EXABF admitted that he had forced his cats to inhale marijuana because he was alone and wanted to see how they would react. And then he laughed about how unbalanced they became. They weren't my cats and according to him he'd done it years before knowing me but I lost a lot of respect for him and told him so in no uncertain terms. He then back pedaled and told me he never did it again because he realized it was wrong. Not sure that I believe that but hopeful my reaction made him realize what a jerk thing he'd done to his innocent pets and he would not do it again.
A's are always looking for a drinking buddy. It's stupid and sad that they do this. Keep an eye on your furry friend and talk to your vet if you are concerned.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oddsunflower View Post
He told me I was "overreacting" (classic) but after that he got sheepish and just went to sleep.
Gosh I hate that. Minimising your response is pathetic gaslighting.
AH does that to me. They don't listen, don't listen, and then when the only way to be heard is to crack it, you're seen as crazy.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are "too sensitive" you "over-react to everything" your responses are "way over the top" quack quack quack

What anyone who says this is, I don't like your response. Well isn't that just too bad.