Slowly but surely - an update

Old 10-04-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slowly but surely - an update

Yesterday we heard from AH's employer, after receiving some specified requests which alluded to the laws that they have broken in an effort to protect their employee, they have decided to cooperate. It is amazing to me that attorneys don't know the actual law for which they are specialized in, or are not willing to correct their own violations of them without court interference. It could have all been so easy. So much time has been wasted because of this "coverup" so to speak, and the kicker is AH has had the company's documents since June of 2018 which was revealed yesterday, AH was responsible for producing them to the court and he didn't under a direct order of the judge. All I wanted was a fair, speedy divorce and was fool enough to think AH would comply. 3 pages worth of broken laws - one solely for AH, and 2 pages worth involving 3 attorneys. The only thing I can do now is keep moving forward. Every decision I have made thus far has been with the idea that if my kiddos were privy to the court information, would they be disappointed in my behavior, the answer is no. It has been incredibly hard to not speak ugly or be punitive, especially when AH has done everything to thwart the court system and continues to threaten my kiddos education. It is so frustrating that by following the rules, laws, not lying/hiding information that AH was within hours of getting away with all of it. It is also amazing to me that exposing the information even months ago to the 3 attorney's that not one of them would do the "right" thing, that is also required by law. What is wrong with this world?
Old 10-04-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

From my experience the USA legal system municipal, state, & federal civil or criminal plaintiff or defendant is most certainly a unique world unto itself.

There is a huge grey area between what is required by the law & doing the right thing. Its why attorneys are needed by both parties to navigate the super tricky system.

I hope this all works out for you - the way you want it too.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The world that we live in is nothing like the criminal world. Nothing like the political world. It is just made to "look" somewhat normal.

Thankfully there is some separation there and thankfully there are more of us than them!
Old 10-04-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dawn, your post makes me realize how probably deluded I am about the nature of law in the US. I want to think there are lots of good people doing the right thing but there sure seems to be lots of bad people doing the wrong thing.

I want to believe that by distangling ourselves from our As we become part of the work for good.

Carry on lady!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dawnrising,

" what is wrong with this world?" Its a crazy world we live in. One in which the lawyers will try to manipulate the system to get a win. Kinda like an alcoholic manipulating us to keep drinking. It dosent seem right to us "normals" . ThIs is the life of an alcoholicolic and lawyer to get everyone to believe in them. I hope you stay strong and this and everything you are going through gets over with soon so you can move on. You deserve a better life then the one you were dealt. Have a great day and know your not alone.