Moving out tomorrow

Old 10-03-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I was 51 years old, I moved out of my alcoholic boyfriend's house with my clothes in garbage bags. I was homeless, completely miserable and so amazed and ashamed of how I had gotten there. I stayed with friends, I cried, I was physically and emotionally a wreck. For the first time in my life, I asked for help. I borrowed money from other friends, and I found the perfect place to live, teeny and tiny and all mine...just me and my dog...and my peace and my serenity.
Life began to unfold in wonderful ways, and I grew and learned about myself, and found happiness, truly. In time, I got to know myself, to love myself again, and I have never not once regretted my decision, and I am grateful for the path it led me on.
You are going to be just fine, better than fine. Give yourself the time to love yourself, and so many good things will follow. I wish you all the best...it is yet to come!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you, Nara. It's really hard, I agree, just to get out of bed in the morning. I'm still between places to live with my stuff in four different locations and it's making it's so hard to find any kind of peace and quiet in my life. Hugs.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you, seekingcalm. I appreciate that. :-)
Old 10-04-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

TriStrong…..I am soo glad that you posted to let us know if you made the move! I am so glad that you carried through.....
I know it sound odd, right now....but, this would be the best time to think of what you have to be grateful for!
Seriously...I am not trying to be a Pollyanna...…
Can you come up with two or three things?
Maybe, start with the fact that you were strong enough to survive this move...as hard as it was....Be grateful for the inner resources and strength that you, obviously, have....
Old 10-04-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
TriStrong…..I am soo glad that you posted to let us know if you made the move! I am so glad that you carried through.....
I know it sound odd, right now....but, this would be the best time to think of what you have to be grateful for!
Seriously...I am not trying to be a Pollyanna...…
Can you come up with two or three things?
Maybe, start with the fact that you were strong enough to survive this move...as hard as it was....Be grateful for the inner resources and strength that you, obviously, have....
Funny you say that because it is exactly what I did Thursday morning (I moved out Wednesday). I was grateful for some pretty small things, but did talk about how deeply grateful I am for my friends, and for my puppy, who is a snuggler, and honestly, the best thing for those long nights of anxiety. I'm still in shock, honestly, that my life did this 180, but learning to be okay.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

TriStrong……..there you go!
Aren't our animals wonderful....they love us just the way we are.....