Authenticity

Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
D&C

I for one have had about enough of your posts about struttin your stuff around on some beautiful beach in CA, new blond hair-do blowing in the breeze, all tanned up, meeting all kinds of people, dogs running around, & achieving some kind of peaceful zen like magical state of mind.

While I am totally stuck here at work all day long wondering when my addict is going to blow my cell phone up!

LOL JK
lol! Oh HL, there’s always China! Lol!! Well to add to that, today I met the most adorable couple pushing their very pampered pup around in a covered pink baby buggy. The dogs name is biscuit. Cute as a bug. Hugs to you all! ❤️
Old 09-25-2019, 01:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
It is wonderful he is doing so well in recovery. Yes, he is moving too fast trying to organize a date for the holidays. He doesn't even have three months of recovery yet. He is still figuring out who he is in this new iteration of self. You cannot be a refuge for that.

I'm going to re-emphasize the importance of separate recovery for both of you over time.

After 25 years together, falling back into emotional reliance is pretty darn easy. That may not be the best choice short term for you as individuals, or long term for you as a couple should you choose to get back together down the road. Of course you know what is right for you, and I will always respect any choice you make.

Besides, who knows what may happen in Italy. Don't think your ex hasn't thought about that and is trying to lock you down emotionally even if it is subconscious on his part. I would do the same in his position truthfully. . .

Hope the sea is treating you well, but I'm sure it is blondie

P.S. I'm a blonde too
believe me, I am in no way interested in going back to the emotional enmeshment that I feel I am now free of. He is focused on his work life and therapy. I’m just having a good time! Selfish of me I know, but I’m loving it! Really Hawk, you’re a blonde? I pegged you for a brunette, stereotypically I suppose because you’re so smart. I miss conversing with you almost daily, as I remember you were the one of the ones who helped me real time as the worst of it was happening. There were many others on here as well and my heart is thankful to them all.... But, as always appreciate and respect your input. All the love ...❤️
Old 09-25-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Love this thread.

It was about 6 mo in when i remember people telling me how different I was - those closest to me certainly did before. Now, authentic is one of the top words I get - good, bad, rarely indifferent (and much less "bad" than ever before!).

My husband is my best friend, the one I do want to spend the most time with, and so on. He is not my world. Can't be. We are both sober and as I've shared before have an unusual back story that goes to high school - but we reconnected sober, early days actually at 4.5 mo for me and a month for him - and the most important thing we did is put our individual recoveries first, then our life. Built it that way and Team Us, as we call it, is the best gift I have after sobriety.

Glad for you DC.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Love this thread.

It was about 6 mo in when i remember people telling me how different I was - those closest to me certainly did before. Now, authentic is one of the top words I get - good, bad, rarely indifferent (and much less "bad" than ever before!).

My husband is my best friend, the one I do want to spend the most time with, and so on. He is not my world. Can't be. We are both sober and as I've shared before have an unusual back story that goes to high school - but we reconnected sober, early days actually at 4.5 mo for me and a month for him - and the most important thing we did is put our individual recoveries first, then our life. Built it that way and Team Us, as we call it, is the best gift I have after sobriety.

Glad for you DC.
this is a very uplifting post. I appreciate it. Although I did divorce my AH, I still care deeply for him and do enjoy time with him. I just need space and time right now to remember who I am and he needs space and time to discover who he is. Thank you for posting this , August.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Most welcome - and I will add something in appreciation and recognition of your inspiring position with your ex.

I tell my husband often how much he has grown in the 3 1/2 yrs we have been together - in some ways, he is so much braver than me and stronger for the quitting because he was "normal" and just "that kind of alcoholic" Who has learned so much about himself....and more pertinently to you, his ex wife got sober after he did (so a decent bit after me, maybe a year) and the transformation for them from ZERO co parenting other than minimal tactical $ issues that seemed so cold and often way beside the point to me, where they are now is a true miracle. Long story short, she even began reaching out to ME when truly serious issues came up, in addition to responding to my early simple gestures of respect (as the kids' mom, duh). To say she was ugly to and about me before would be an understatement, in the sense of true passive aggressive style (btw, being a unicorn of a wife and step-mom this baffled me). I'm proud of her too - and the kids sure benefit.

Anyway, my hat is off to you for lots of reasons.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

AH called today. In a nutshell he said “ I guess you liked what I did for you, but not what I did to you.” Ya think??? Light dawns on Marblehead....At any rate after the call I went out and had a double chocolate sundae with whipped cream and a cherry on top. 🤗🍨🍨
Old 09-27-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning Dazed,

Double chocolate sundae with whipped cream and a cherry, It's to early in the morning for making me want ice cream. It sounds like your being very strong in your conversations and really know who you are now. You should be proud of your self. I guess you are. hence the whipped cream and cherry this time. LOL.

I'm glad you are getting the time to rediscover who the real dazed is. She sounds like she is in a happy place in her heart and soul. keep posting, keep strong and roll along.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That sounds realllyyy good. I cut sugar this week. It's was a bear and I felt terrible for about 5 days. So I will just envy you as you definitely deserve a treat my friend!!!!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

DC - HA! "Amends" are a unique animal, aren't they? I recall my husband telling me early on that his ex-wife thought time healed all wrongs and apologies were never necessary. So her theory for quite awhile was that her kids would essentially "forget" about [ ] - not my business how she has made amends now in her program (I know she has to my husband) but I do wonder
Old 09-27-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Morning Dazed,

Double chocolate sundae with whipped cream and a cherry, It's to early in the morning for making me want ice cream. It sounds like your being very strong in your conversations and really know who you are now. You should be proud of your self. I guess you are. hence the whipped cream and cherry this time. LOL.

I'm glad you are getting the time to rediscover who the real dazed is. She sounds like she is in a happy place in her heart and soul. keep posting, keep strong and roll along.
thank you iron. I’m keeping the image of the hamster ball instead of the wheel to keep me rolling along! Have a wonderful day! ❤️
Old 09-27-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
That sounds realllyyy good. I cut sugar this week. It's was a bear and I felt terrible for about 5 days. So I will just envy you as you definitely deserve a treat my friend!!!!
I haven’t had ice cream in forever so it was a real treat hopeful! You’re an inspiration in giving it up!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
DC - HA! "Amends" are a unique animal, aren't they? I recall my husband telling me early on that his ex-wife thought time healed all wrongs and apologies were never necessary. So her theory for quite awhile was that her kids would essentially "forget" about [ ] - not my business how she has made amends now in her program (I know she has to my husband) but I do wonder
I don’t quite get the amends thing August. As far as I’m concerned all the words in the world cannot rectify the hurt that was inflicted upon me KNOWINGLY. What I’m about now, is changed behavior. Mine and his. As I work my program, I’m feeling stronger to speak my truth, and AH seems to be coming to his truth about what alcohol demon did to him, me, us, and others. All I know is that I’m feeling like my own self these days; AH is in a dark tunnel with sunglasses on trying to find his way and I wish him the best. I for one, will not allow myself to be drawn back into crazy alcoholic co dependency and emotional enmeshment with him or anyone else again. As always appreciate your insight and kind responses. Have a wonderful day! ❤️
Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Amends with actions to back them, that would actually be refreshing to me!

I mean if you really knew it was genuine and they "got" it, that would be really nice - I'm guessing since I have never experienced this lol
Old 09-27-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Amends with actions to back them, that would actually be refreshing to me!

I mean if you really knew it was genuine and they "got" it, that would be really nice - I'm guessing since I have never experienced this lol
well, I’m sitting at the dock of the bay( good song title!) and a nice man came and offered me freshly picked pomegranates. Lol! I still got it! Lol!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dazed,

You never lost it. Yes that is a good song title.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Dazed,

You never lost it. Yes that is a good song title.
good one ironwill! ❤️
Old 09-27-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

well, I’m sitting at the dock of the bay( good song title!) and a nice man came and offered me freshly picked pomegranates. Lol! I still got it! Lol!
So you mentioned pomegranates which made me think of a fruit I saw yesterday in the store.

Persimmons - which I like, which are so rare to see here (I live quite a ways north). I walked by anyway because who knows how far they have travelled, but probably too far to taste good.

I give you - the persimmon!

Which has nothing to do with anything, but they are pretty.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hope you didn't try & eat the pomegranate in front of this guy you just met?

They are messy to eat, the red juice stains, & the small seeds get stuck in your teeth
Old 09-27-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
Hope you didn't try & eat the pomegranate in front of this guy you just met?

They are messy to eat, the red juice stains, & the small seeds get stuck in your teeth
lol! Leave it to you hl! No, I did not eat it. Besides, he’s the one that needs to up his game. Gotta do better than a pomegranate! He offered me a ride and said he was safe as a teddy bear. I politely declined; with my luck he’s a closet alcoholic! I will however eat the pomegranate later in the privacy of my cottage! Lol! Thanks for the laugh.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
So you mentioned pomegranates which made me think of a fruit I saw yesterday in the store.

Persimmons - which I like, which are so rare to see here (I live quite a ways north). I walked by anyway because who knows how far they have travelled, but probably too far to taste good.

I give you - the persimmon!

Which has nothing to do with anything, but they are pretty.
I love this positive post trail!