Medical reason for drinking

Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
With material like that you could make a killing. Your right that livers are superheroes. All the toxins the remove from our system is so vital. If they could only filter out the toxic abuse that we get from are alcoholic partner.
Won't give up the day job yet...
I'm starting to filter quite well. Unfortunately it means im losing the love I once felt towards AH.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

New one I heard just yesterday watching him with a drink in his hand after texting me all week that he knows he has a problem...
I go through a bottle of rum every 4 days. You shouldn't be mad cuz it's not beer. I could be buying 30 packs of natty but instead I spend $8 on rum. I have to have a drink to relax. My psychiatrist says I don't have a problem. You are the only one that has a problem with it. She doesn't remember most of her 20's, part of her 30's, and some of her 40's.
And to that I left and haven't spoken to him since. He has now added a gambling problem to the mix. Even upon leaving, things just keep getting worse. You just can't trust them. To think I was actually thinking that he was starting to understand this week....but then the weekend came...drink time. It will never end. I have to get my name off of everything before he gambles more bill money away. How??? So frustrating. One day at a time. Sigh.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

File for separation? Would that get you financially safe even if you still cohabitatie in your state?

Might be lawyer time. . .
Old 09-23-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ugh. That is quacking on a superior level.

Whatever he needs to believe to get him through his day and condone his actions is all he is going to do.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Healingbegins,

Excuse after excuse after excuse, Good for you for just getting up and leaving. It not even worth your time to laugh at his reasoning. If he is starting up gambling you need to protect any assets that you have and get your name off any joint stuff. If things start to not get paid that will hurt you also. I'm sorry that you are going through this. Have a great day.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tell him to eat bananas to increase his serotonin

Or just shove one up his arse!! Seriously. It's one thing for them to say stupid things.. But to expect you to believe him. Na..

If he's gambling you need to protect yourself and quickly. You could lose everything on one bet. If he thinks booze gives him serotonin he probably thinks loan sharks expect no interest repayments and the henchmen are just for decoration.