Maybe it was me

Old 09-08-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe it was me

hi all, I’m still away and doing a lot of meditation and being alone. I’m finding being alone forces me to center myself. Sometimes my mind is like a hamster cage! Letting go is hard...of many things. I’m working on complete honesty and authenticity in all my dealings with other humans and even tho right now those interactions are sparse, I find them to be very rewarding and emotionally satisfying because they are real. I went blonde! New hair don’t care? But I still care and I own it. I’m just trying to move tgat caring more into my own direction than others to the point of being a controlling know it all. AH is still sober. He is in touch with me and his conversations are a bit guarded, but more open to seeing me as a real person with feelings and perspectives. He is working his program with meditation and going to rehab meetings at night after his work. I enjoy our talks; I’m brutally honest with him in a kind way and he is more accepting of my POV than ever. He actually listens and will admit to his POV about me being wrong or skewed after we talk. He has always been my best friend, and thus space and time has been a great reminder of who we each are separately. God, were we enmeshed! Ugh. It’s exhausting just thinking about it. I am still very wobbly emotionally and I don’t know if I will ever be the same again. But perhaps like a diamond the pressure will help me shine into a new person that I love. I’m loving the woman I’m becoming. I’m more thoughtful, quiet, and easier to be around. What a controlling hot mess I was! AH is taking a day at a time he says and said to me, in the end it’s really all about people and relationships. Recovery he says is individual but also inter personal and he wants to stand tall as he says and remedy any damage. That’s his side. As for me I’m still confused and unsure about so many things. But I feel better, lost some weight, the beach air is doing wonders for me. I don’t know where all this is going but I am enjoying not being responsible for anyone but me. Hugs to you all. ❤️
Old 09-08-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post made me cry. I am so glad you and your husband are managing to communicate now. What a journey to get there but you are on the journey and both of you have made wonderful progress.

I'm sure there is still a long way to go and neither of you really know where you are going but it's definitely better than the place you have come from.

Love and strength to you.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Your post made me cry. I am so glad you and your husband are managing to communicate now. What a journey to get there but you are on the journey and both of you have made wonderful progress.

I'm sure there is still a long way to go and neither of you really know where you are going but it's definitely better than the place you have come from.

Love and strength to you.
you’re very kind to send your love. This is the hardest but most rewarding experience of my life. The wonderful people here on SR have been divine sign posts. Love and hugs back atcha. ❤️
Old 09-09-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dazedandconfus,
I'm glad you are looking after your self and loving the women you are becoming on your own. Just keep putting your self first. Try and let your mind be like a hamster ball and not a cage. That way it can move around and find new things to bring it joy and knowledge but still have your boundaries to keep you safe. It sound like you are making great strides in helping yourself. It also sounds like your husband is trying. It a long journey for the both of you. Keep it up and we are here for you if you need to post or talk.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are at the beach, taking time for yourself, you went blond and you are losing weight.

Where is this magical place and how do I get there!! Although I did go blond once and it was just scary!

In the inventory you did a little while ago you mentioned:

"I lied to myself thinking I could mold AH into the man I wanted, not who he is. How cruel that was. And now that he is being authentic, I don’t like what it takes to be real because it doesn’t fit into my white picket fence Disneyland world. Deception wrong #7".
You pointed out a lot of controlling behaviours and noted where you think they originated, that's pretty huge.

By setting everyone else free you are setting yourself free, that's also pretty huge!

One thing to remember though, perhaps, in this situation. Proceed with caution! Your AH is not very far away from active addiction. Protect yourself. I think perhaps you have been hurt enough?

Time, distance, healing. Whatever you decide to do, please give yourself some time. You are on a great path and you deserve some peace, quiet and contentment and putting yourself at the forefront.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Dazedandconfus,
I'm glad you are looking after your self and loving the women you are becoming on your own. Just keep putting your self first. Try and let your mind be like a hamster ball and not a cage. That way it can move around and find new things to bring it joy and knowledge but still have your boundaries to keep you safe. It sound like you are making great strides in helping yourself. It also sounds like your husband is trying. It a long journey for the both of you. Keep it up and we are here for you if you need to post or talk.
iron will, love the image of hamster ball. I am entirely grateful for your insights and well wishes. Hugs and love...❤️
Old 09-09-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
You are at the beach, taking time for yourself, you went blond and you are losing weight.

Where is this magical place and how do I get there!! Although I did go blond once and it was just scary!

In the inventory you did a little while ago you mentioned:

You pointed out a lot of controlling behaviours and noted where you think they originated, that's pretty huge.

By setting everyone else free you are setting yourself free, that's also pretty huge!

One thing to remember though, perhaps, in this situation. Proceed with caution! Your AH is not very far away from active addiction. Protect yourself. I think perhaps you have been hurt enough?

Time, distance, healing. Whatever you decide to do, please give yourself some time. You are on a great path and you deserve some peace, quiet and contentment and putting yourself at the forefront.
I can’t image anything about you being scary trail! Lol. I cannot begin to tell you the load that has been lifted from that complete madness a month ago. Believe me, I am in no hurry in returning to that in any shape way or form. By being authentic to my feelings, AH is seeing and adapting to ME. He has a long way to go. His delayed reaction in answering to my responses, sometimes a day later, to a comment I made, tells me he is still not thinking entirely clear. Yet, he is calmer in tone, and the man i know him to be is peeking out. I can’t focus on his recovery; I’m enjoying mine too much. Before I left my therapist said: ignoring how you feel is a form of self abandonment. Yikes! Abandonment the very idea strikes fear into my heart! Sooo I’m being present for myself. It’s time to trust how I feel and be there for myself. I’m alone but not lonely. As always, much love and hugs to you trail. ❤️
Old 09-09-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What I had to do was let go of expectations in order to have happy relationships. When I found myself projecting I simply stopped and got grounded in today. I hope you can too.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
What I had to do was let go of expectations in order to have happy relationships. When I found myself projecting I simply stopped and got grounded in today. I hope you can too.
I’m learning to let go and be present. But I’ve been so hurt that even tho I’m trying not to have expectations, which you are correct in stating, right now if something feels off or doesn’t serve me or my emotional and mental health I cut it off. Hopefully in time I will find a balance. As always appreciate you and your kind words of wisdom. ❤️
Old 09-10-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dazedandconfus,

It sounds like you are in a happy place right now. Which is a great place for you right now. Your focus is on you and your recovery with just the acknowledgement of your AH. You are making great choices for yourself and feeling what your heart needs for you to be happy. You will never be lonely, your will always have your SR friends here for you. I wish for your a beautiful day and let the hamster ball take you far.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Dazedandconfus,

It sounds like you are in a happy place right now. Which is a great place for you right now. Your focus is on you and your recovery with just the acknowledgement of your AH. You are making great choices for yourself and feeling what your heart needs for you to be happy. You will never be lonely, your will always have your SR friends here for you. I wish for your a beautiful day and let the hamster ball take you far.
Im gonna roll along Iron.....
Old 09-10-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love this! You are inspiring!!!! I hope you have a great day and a great journey!
Old 09-10-2019, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healingbegins View Post
I love this! You are inspiring!!!! I hope you have a great day and a great journey!
it feels great that I’m referred to as inspiring! If you read my prior posts from a month ago you’ll find a hot hurting mess. Any inspiration I have I am giving away...that which I received from the fine people here at SR. Thank you so much!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
it feels great that I’m referred to as inspiring! If you read my prior posts from a month ago you’ll find a hot hurting mess. Any inspiration I have I am giving away...that which I received from the fine people here at SR. Thank you so much
That's why so many of us are still here, even years after the pain that brought us here. I know for me, the "giving back" is an important part of my own recovery from codependence. It can be very upsetting (even triggering sometimes) when people show up here, shattered and scared.... but when you get to see them transform as they gain back their strength and sense of self, it's an amazing thing to watch and be a small part of. And honestly, I'm still learning and growing because of my involvement here. (Very grateful to be doing that now while NOT in crisis any longer!)

I'm proud of you Dazed, you've come a very long way in a very short (relatively speaking) amount of time. You are a much quicker learner than I was! I'm glad you have chosen to stick around and share that experience. You never know who might be reading in the shadows and gaining their own strength because they've followed along with you on your journey.

*hugs*
Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
That's why so many of us are still here, even years after the pain that brought us here. I know for me, the "giving back" is an important part of my own recovery from codependence. It can be very upsetting (even triggering sometimes) when people show up here, shattered and scared.... but when you get to see them transform as they gain back their strength and sense of self, it's an amazing thing to watch and be a small part of. And honestly, I'm still learning and growing because of my involvement here. (Very grateful to be doing that now while NOT in crisis any longer!)

I'm proud of you Dazed, you've come a very long way in a very short (relatively speaking) amount of time. You are a much quicker learner than I was! I'm glad you have chosen to stick around and share that experience. You never know who might be reading in the shadows and gaining their own strength because they've followed along with you on your journey.

*hugs*
thank you so much! ❤️
Old 09-11-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Daze&Confuse..
I am in awe of yr journey...I feel you have totally Walked the Walk in such a short time and think your journey should be written down as a ‘step by step guide’.

You have been, angry, emotional, hurt & completely honest & brave...and it was a privilege & inspirational to read.

I hope you don’t mind but I have you as a bookmark in my head if I’m in doubt (which is often lol!) ...’What would Daze Do.’

Many many thanks for your Intel and hope u enjoy yr month on the Coast

xxx
Old 09-11-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noodler View Post
Daze&Confuse..
I am in awe of yr journey...I feel you have totally Walked the Walk in such a short time and think your journey should be written down as a ‘step by step guide’.

You have been, angry, emotional, hurt & completely honest & brave...and it was a privilege & inspirational to read.

I hope you don’t mind but I have you as a bookmark in my head if I’m in doubt (which is often lol!) ...’What would Daze Do.’

Many many thanks for your Intel and hope u enjoy yr month on the Coast

xxx
I am truly humbled by your kind words. As you know there has been a lot of pain. My life turned me upside down on my head! But I remember back to a time when I was a single mom with no money. When I was growing up my mother told me I have a guardian angel looking over me. With the way things have sometimes gone for me, and yet I survived my guardian angel is a bad ass. When I see repetitions I attribute it to my guardian angel communicating with me. This is the foundation that I build my authenticity on. I remember when I was in college and very very broke my car got a flat tire on the way home. I had no money. No cell phone. No friends I could call. Starting to freak because I had 4 children waiting for me, I took a deep breath and looked around. All I saw across the street was my bank atm in a mall. The numbers on the building were 111 and the time said 1111. I walked over to the atm and gave it a shot. Nope. No go. Nada. Denied. There was a huge clock across the street that caught my eye with the number 11 on it, and as I glanced at it I noticed it was in a tire repair lot. I hobbled my car over there and told them my plight. They took the tire off, put in a plug and said “ no charge”. That experience reminds me that if I simply sit in my authenticity and follow the guide posts all will be well with my soul. Although I know my guardian angel holds his head in his hands with me, the patterns and sign posts remind me that I am validated and guided. Look around. Being aligned with your life is effortless when you see the patterns. It’s all connected, just as we are. Many thanks again, for your kind words.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow...I see exactly what you mean, I’m not stopping & looking & seeing. I’m still to busy coping & controlling with the fall out. But I have no excuse I have that time & space now. How you explained the the ‘tyre story’ is exactly how I envisaged yr journey. When you were in doubt, confusion or turmoil and the wise people in SR guided you, you listened, processed it and actioned it almost immediately. You seemed to go from A to B to C just like your 111 numerals. THAT for me was also a lesson in Trust of what you were hearing and the road to the single mindedness we need in these early stages.
So there u go Daze I’m going to stop & look now & learn about patterns & Trust myself that I can do this on my own.
Thank u for that in sight....it helps.
❤️
xxx
Old 09-11-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow...I see exactly what you mean, I’m not stopping & looking & seeing. I’m still to busy coping & controlling with the fall out. But I have no excuse I have that time & space now. How you explained the the ‘tyre story’ is exactly how I envisaged yr journey. When you were in doubt, confusion or turmoil and the wise people in SR guided you, you listened, processed it and actioned it almost immediately. You seemed to go from A to B to C just like your 111 numerals. THAT for me was also a lesson in Trust of what you were hearing and the road to the single mindedness we need in these early stages.
So there u go Daze I’m going to stop & look now & learn about patterns & Trust myself that I can do this on my own.
❤️
xxx
you’ll never be alone. ❤️
Old 09-11-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

❤️
xxx
you’ll never be alone. ❤️