Liberation!!!!

Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Liberation!!!!

So after a terrible Labor Day weekend filled with drama and neverending drunkeness from him, I moved !!! I did it!! I was scared at first and second guessing myself....now I am feeling pretty good. When I get down I just remind myself of all of the fun I'm missing. LOL I don't know if I will make it and I know there will be rough days but I am taking things one day at a time.
I was wondering what you all do to cope with those down times, the times when the sadness creeps in or the doubt comes in..how do you overcome? It is so strange to sit in silence...to know I'm in charge of myself now....but it is so very sweet!
I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Healingbegins. Good for you in taking control of your FUN. There will be tough days and good days. When i was having a Tough day i would grab my headphones and listen to music why going for a walk. We don't live far from downtown, So I would be around other people, even though I wasn't dealing with these people it felt good just to be out and around people. I found this walk calmed me down and made me feel better when I came back. Have a great day also. We are here for you.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Healingbegins….one of the things that can really help is to write the main reasons for your needing to leave on a piece of paper...on paper--not the computer...and, carry it with you at all times....Read it every time that you feel sad or start having selective recall. Even if you have to read it a dozen times, per day!
Keeping a structured daily schedule helps...and stay as busy as you can. Physical exercise helps...just long walks are great.
Stay around other people as much as you can. Human contact will lift you up.
Cry when you need to...crying can be an excellent outlet...I believe in it...

***When you just said "I don't know if I will make it"....What?! Of course you will make it! You have just lived with a practicing alcoholic for 20 years---If you could withstand that---you can withstand anything!
Old 09-05-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The way I see it is to grow from the dirt they left you in...blossom slowly, self love, self priority, self care. ❤️
Old 09-05-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hooray! Good for you for taking your life back.

If it helps, here’s a link to your threads. The first was 2015.

If you start to second guess yourself, read these again?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...archid=8677558

Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Congratulations!!

Practice, awareness and mindfulness.

Learning to direct my thoughts very naturally to new, good, healthy connections heals and creates new neuropathways.

Are you okay with feeling? If yes, enjoy this and know everything is going to be okay.

If no, this gives an opening and direction for exploring how to. How to allow feelings. How to notice and be aware of them. Then how to direct them in positive directions.

Are you okay with being you? Layers to enjoy on this journey, one moment at a time.

Numerology is something I find fun, positive and uplifting. Example: You have 28 posts here, with this thread. One interpretation of 28 is:

Angel Number 28 is a message from your angels that your self-belief, confidence and positive attitude have ensured that abundance will enter your life,

Internal self-talk is important. Creating kind habits towards self and others plus an awareness of doing so can bring great emotional and mental strength.